(Ian Rapoport) NFL.com stokes the fire about Sean Payton & LA Rams (1 Viewer)

The only person that seems to be uncertain on his future is Ian Rapoport.

Also, I've never seen salary become an issue just a few months after signing an extension.

"The organization is growing tired of his will-he-won't-he act."

Yes. The organization that has him contractually locked down for five years is growing tired of wondering whether or not he will tear up his contract himself and decide to leave.

This guy doesn't think before he writes. Ever.

I think it would bee a good fit. The Rams already have a defense and have a young teachable QB.

I don't think that Payton is safe. He was pretty close to losing his job last year...and I don't think that 2016 changes anything. But I still think he has value for trade. I'll be asking for a 1st or Robert Quinn.

Where do you get this information that he was close to losing his job last year?? What are you basing this off of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bRJBEHC.gif

Loved what Payton has done for us. However, if he really wants to leave and we can get something for it, I would be fine with it. He was by far the best coach we have ever had, but it might be time to get a "new Payton" who is hungry and wants to show the world what he can do.

Oh and fire the ST coach now.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Since Brees was established when he came here (he had lead SD to the playoffs), and all of this team's accomplishments over the last decade are offensively driven, I don't know how to accurately separate out what Sean Payton brings other than the offensive game planning.

He doesn't bring defense and he doesn't bring special teams and doesb't being a consistent running game. And Brees drove the execution of the game plan.

We were lucky to have Brees.

Where do you get this information that he was close to losing his job last year?? What are you basing this off of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The heartfelt press conference in the offseason was at least some validation that Payton was close to parting ways. Another losing season goes by...the Saints still look a distance away from competing with Brees another year older.

Ahh, Rapaport roulette - spin the wheel to see which team he is linking your coach to today. House always wins.

The heartfelt press conference in the offseason was at least some validation that Payton was close to parting ways. Another losing season goes by...the Saints still look a distance away from competing with Brees another year older.

I understand that. I really think that's a valid point, but it seems with the contract extension for Brees and Payton, 2017 is the make or break year.

I understand that. I really think that's a valid point, but it seems with the contract extension for Brees and Payton, 2017 is the make or break year.

The make or break year, sadly, was in 2011...when we had a winning roster. We've toiling in mediocrity since that time.

So let me get this straight...an opinion piece that suggests that Payton could be traded is invalidated...but another opinion piece that says that he will staying is "proof" that he is staying? Get real Saints fans.

Morale is high? Well it shouldn't be. Because morale for Saints fans is the lowest it's been since 2005. There are lots of Saints fans who want to turn the page...but boy, the collection of Saints fans who post the status quo are the most concentrated on the Internet. Go to any other Saints site on the Internet...it's quite a different experience. The thought of Payton leaving is inconceivable here...but on other sites, not only is it conceivable, it's also desirable.

So let me get this straight...an opinion piece that suggests that Payton could be traded is invalidated...but another opinion piece that says that he will staying is "proof" that he is staying? Get real Saints fans.

Morale is high? Well it shouldn't be. Because morale for Saints fans is the lowest it's been since 2005. There are lots of Saints fans who want to turn the page...but boy, the collection of Saints fans who post the status quo are the most concentrated on the Internet. Go to any other Saints site on the Internet...it's quite a different experience. The thought of Payton leaving is inconceivable here...but on other sites, not only is it conceivable, it's also desirable.

We tend to be similar to the parents that think their kids do no wrong.
It's not like Payton or his agent comes out and squashes this....
Ron Rivera's squashed their rumor this morning.
Bottom line....we need a GM that is over Payton and has control of personnel. There is no accountability for Payton.

We tend to be similar to the parents that think their kids do no wrong.
It's not like Payton or his agent comes out and squashes this....
Ron Rivera's squashed their rumor this morning.
Bottom line....we need a GM that is over Payton and has control of personnel. There is no accountability for Payton.

It wouldn't matter if he did or didn't. He said, on multiple occasions, last season that he wasn't leaving the Saints and that he wanted to finish his coaching career here. That didn't stop any speculatory stories from being thrown around.

It wouldn't matter if he did or didn't. He said, on multiple occasions, last season that he wasn't leaving the Saints and that he wanted to finish his coaching career here. That didn't stop any speculatory stories from being thrown around.

Last week he denied La Confora's report.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom