(Ian Rapoport) NFL.com stokes the fire about Sean Payton & LA Rams (1 Viewer)

It wouldn't matter if he did or didn't. He said, on multiple occasions, last season that he wasn't leaving the Saints and that he wanted to finish his coaching career here. That didn't stop any speculatory stories from being thrown around.

I only recall him denying after the season when they held that press conference that gave him a new contract.
Why not call out the report instead of the local reporters asking the question? Why not have your agent release a statement like Rivera's camp did? You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Payton wants to be here forever....

...What else is new?!? Nothing to see here, guys. I think the producers were breathing down Rapoport's neck for another week of zero insider news, so he tossed that Sean Payton tidbit out to get him by.

Everyone here is sure that Payton will never leave until he does

Face it folks, this could be the year he goes..or next. It's actually not far fetched at all

But it's not like 2012 or even last year. He just signed an extension.

Everyone here is sure that Payton will never leave until he does

Face it folks, this could be the year he goes..or next. It's actually not far fetched at all

If you look at it that way, if Rappaport speculates CSP will leave every season, eventually he will be right. He has zero inside information on Payton's situation. That's been proven numerous times. If Sean Payton wanted to leave New Orleans, he would've done so already. He's had his opportunities. He just signed a 5 year extension. It's pretty clear that he doesn't want to leave.

I'm just saying that we're about to pull up to our 3rd straight 7-9 season and it wouldn't shock me at all to see us trade him

Either this year or after 2017.. Something's gotta give. I think several teams will inquire about him at least.

I never understand why any fan gets worked up on stories written that are perceived to be negative and speculative in nature, relative to their personal interest, but yet when a somewhat favorable and speculative story is written those same fans will be all over those stories like it is definitely going to happen. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen, regardless of speculative nature. Writers are doing their jobs and write articles based on information they become aware of. Sometimes writers will embellish a story to get more interest, but the basic point of their article is still with merit. If not, they would not last long in the business. Just saying. Chill.

And to add more fuel to the Payton trade scenario, from what I read, it will take less in compensation from the team that wants him this year, then it would have taken in compensation last year.

I never understand why any fan gets worked up on stories written that are perceived to be negative and speculative in nature, relative to their personal interest, but yet when a somewhat favorable and speculative story is written those same fans will be all over those stories like it is definitely going to happen. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen, regardless of speculative nature. Writers are doing their jobs and write articles based on information they become aware of. Sometimes writers will embellish a story to get more interest, but the basic point of their article is still with merit. If not, they would not last long in the business. Just saying. Chill.

And to add more fuel to the Payton trade scenario, from what I read, it will take less in compensation from the team that wants him this year, then it would have taken in compensation last year.

It's poor, irresponsible journalism, either way.

Larry Holder says Benson interrupted Payton's presser to say "great coach, great game".

Edit - added Tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Benson walked into the Payton presser. This isn&#39;t standard. Screams out, &quot;Great coach, great game!&quot;</p>&mdash; Larry Holder (@LarryHolder) <a href="https://twitter.com/LarryHolder/status/812819690624053248">December 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hey, cRapSheet...

giphy.gif

:0016:

actually what he does is not even close to journalism. We've lost appreciation for true journalism

We have 17 players out via injury or suspension. Several if those players are significant pieces. I'm giving Payton a complete pass this year. Next year, we should have depth, money, and competitive talent on both sides of the ball. If we don't make the playoffs in 2017, I'll be begging for more articles like this. Hell, I'd help Sean pack and pay for his plane ticket to LA. If some team offers us a second for Sean after another losing season and we don't take it, we'd be the dumbest organization ever.

We have 17 players out via injury or suspension. Several if those players are significant pieces. I'm giving Payton a complete pass this year. Next year, we should have depth, money, and competitive talent on both sides of the ball. If we don't make the playoffs in 2017, I'll be begging for more articles like this. Hell, I'd help Sean pack and pay for his plane ticket to LA. If some team offers us a second for Sean after another losing season and we don't take it, we'd be the dumbest organization ever.

...and despite the setbacks, the Saints have been very competitive in 13 of the 15 games this season!

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom