Ian Rapoport: Sean may not have a team lined up. (1 Viewer)

I think Sean overplayed his hand.

Probably the only place that will give him a free hand with the roster AND a mega contract is the team he bailed on.

Everyone else either has an actual GM or an owner who wants some say and/or wont pay top $.

He blew it.

I think Sean overplayed his hand.

Probably the only place that will give him a free hand with the roster AND a mega contract is the team he bailed on.

Everyone else either has an actual GM or an owner who wants some say and/or wont pay top $.

He blew it.
He has a huge ego and I think he saw himself in the image of another Parcells except Parcells had 3 Super Bowl appearances with 2 different teams and 2 championships. Payton had a HOF, once in a generation QB for 15 years and only got to the big game once. He definitely overplayed his hand.

I don't know why some of you are reacting like Sean Payton does not have a job.

He has one, in FoxSports. He even may have a chance of a promotion soon if Jimmy Johnson decides to retire.

This job will keep him in the spotlight, and continue having a good life with his wife.

I don't overthink about this. He wants to return, but in an ideal situation. If that ideal situation is not there, well, he can continue earning millions working 6 months a year during weekends. Not too shabby!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom