Ian Rapoport: Sean may not have a team lined up. (1 Viewer)

When I saw him, he just stood next to the others and had very little to contribute. Sometimes the others would try to pull him into the conversation and he would give a short awkward response. He has zero tv presence
Which surprised me. I was also surprised that Drew seemed to struggle too.

I believe this all of this Sean Payton saga is just another offseason soap opera series for the NFL to the audience entertained until the next regular season.

1) No teams are going to give him what he wants. (As in some sorta control of the front office.) Plus they're not willing to trade their 1st round or any future picks knowing that his value will go down after 2023 season.

2) With that happening, Sean Payton will return as a TV analyst for the 2023 season.

3) The Saints gave DA one more chance of redemption. However, it written all over the wall that if he doesn't improve from last year's by the mid-way of the 2023 season, he will fired.

4) If DA gets fired, its possible that Sean Payton will return, next season.

Again, anything happen or change at any moment.

So "everything going down in the worst possible way for the Saints" remains a rock solid bet.
Depends how you look at it. If you want 2023 picks then yes this isn’t looking good but I’m not sure that’s what the Saints need anyway.

2023 is likely going to be a struggle anyway. I’d rather 2024 picks in a better QB class and maybe with a new, better HC. This also increases the chances of Payton returning next year.

Interesting, I thought hiring Ossenfort ended their Payton chances as he couldn’t take Ireland and Ryan Pace with him. Arizona’s 2024 FRP is probably the second best outcome that could happen here, after Payton returning to the Saints. Good chance it’s somewhere between pick 10-15. Still, not sure I see the appeal of that job.

Depends how you look at it. If you want 2023 picks then yes this isn’t looking good but I’m not sure that’s what the Saints need anyway.

2023 is likely going to be a struggle anyway. I’d rather 2024 picks in a better QB class and maybe with a new, better HC. This also increases the chances of Payton returning next year.

Personally, I do not want Payton back. I might be in the minority, but he went out like a birch IMO. As much as he did here, which I appreciate, he can stay gone.

Anyway, I sort of agree about 2024 vs 2023 picks, but you can always turn a '23 pick into a '24 pick in a trade.

And having this hang over the team for another year is not good for anyone.

Bidwill: "Pardon me for a moment Sean, I'm getting another text from our accountant. [chuckles] OK, as you were saying..."

Interesting, I thought hiring Ossenfort ended their Payton chances as he couldn’t take Ireland and Ryan Pace with him. Arizona’s 2024 FRP is probably the second best outcome that could happen here, after Payton returning to the Saints. Good chance it’s somewhere between pick 10-15. Still, not sure I see the appeal of that job.
Hopefully he’s feeling out the new GM to see what control the GM is willing to defer to him with decisions with the owner present and all are on the same page. I wish all the picks would be next year for our new coach though. 🤞

Seems like his options are down to Arizona (though with Denver and Houston apparently both after Demeco Ryans, one may come back into the picture), so it's not out of the question that he may get through the hiring cycle and not have a seat. Which could create an interesting scenario next year.

Let's say that Dennis Allen has another Dennis Allen year, and attendance drops off enough that Loomis has to give him the boot. So then you're looking at a possible scenario where the Saints need a head coach, but still have Payton under contract while he's also looking for a job.

Seems like his options are down to Arizona (though with Denver and Houston apparently both after Demeco Ryans, one may come back into the picture), so it's not out of the question that he may get through the hiring cycle and not have a seat. Which could create an interesting scenario next year.

Let's say that Dennis Allen has another Dennis Allen year, and attendance drops off enough that Loomis has to give him the boot. So then you're looking at a possible scenario where the Saints need a head coach, but still have Payton under contract while he's also looking for a job.
Yep and if that scenario happens Loomis is straight on the phone to Payton offering him his old job back, upwards of $25 million a year and most importantly, he’ll once again have complete control of the roster and staff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom