ICF - 1,000 to 5,000 Katrina victims may have to repay Road Home money (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Certainly.

And they will get some money back from the 22 year old arms dealer who got hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts and supplied dud ammunition to troops.

Pretty disgusting. They make mistakes but they are going to squeeze cash out of poor people. Contractors in Iraq who steal, cheat, or provide substandard services will mostly get to walk away.

Thread on the subject of the 22 year old arms dealer.

Pentagon gives 300 Million to 22 year old President - SaintsReport Community Forums

I see your small government stance has some limits. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the US government wanting the money for Katrina to be paid back.

And before you bring it up, yes, I would want Iraq to pay us back too.

YOU MUST NOT HAVE SUFFERED ANY LOST FROM KATRINA OR RITA TO BEING SAYING THIS.

Gumbeau, you got it wrong, bro.

The State of Louisiana contracted with a private firm called ICF International to distribute the Road Home Money and it's that private firm that is advertising for a collection agency to go after 1,000 to 5,000 people that ICF may have overpaid.

It's gots nothin' to do with the US government. It's a State of Louisiana and private contractor thing.

The way I see it, ICF screwed up, it's ICF's fault. If they gave the wrong amount of money to someone, it was given.. it's over. ICF can payback anything it accidently gave away.

I tried to give money back to FEMA and they wouldn't take it. It wasn't a huge amount of money but what I received was neither asked for nor needed. I was already in my house and back to work at the same job and the money just showed up in my account.

There is another issue here that hasn't been discussed much. ICF was incapable of fairly distributing money, changing the rules, having employees routinely give out contradictary and flawed information.

A month ago, there were articles in the TP saying the ICF could not produce a list of properties sold to them as part of the Road Home Program. This is important because those properties need to be put back into commerce as quickly as possible. They had literally lost real estate transactions in their screwed-up system.

So even if you think Hurricane ravaged victims should have to come out of pocket to pay money back to fat cat government contractors, do you really have any faith that the information that comes out of ICF on who owes what would be accurate?

I don't.

For some reason, the hanging of the government contractor scene in Jericho keeps coming to mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom