I'd love Haynesworth to be a target... (1 Viewer)

What is his real market value?

If Tenn has to dump him before he walks and we'd be paying top $$$ why give up the #10? I mean why not say, forget it, we'll take our #10 draft that CB need and sign AH when Tenn can't afford him as a FA? Either way we are spending the cash..

Seriously, I don't see how they can command such a price. I think we could pry him with a package of a first day pick this yr & next.

You decide, here is the going rate for trading for a DT this off season:
All are quality starters each with some baggage. No diff for AH who has that character issue. (I know if these guys are B to B+ players he is easily an A+)

Stroud: 3rd & 5th.
Jenkins: 3rd & 5th.
Rogers: 3rd & CB Leigh Bodden

I don't see how you offer more than a 2nd & 4th (in '09) or 2nd and next yr's 3rd. That's just what the market is dictating here. If they really want to deal him and get something in return that is what he is worth considering the comparable deals so far.

Does anyone have a draft value chart? what are those guys worth on that thing?

You should keep in mind he is a Franchise player, which usually costs two first round choices. They don't have to have that compensation, but the closer we get to the draft, and the more antsy I get becuase its not looking like we have any other option, I am warming up to the idea of maybe giving up this and next year's first round picks.

Dont the Titans have a lot of cap room too?

It just doesnt make sense that another team will not only pay that much for him but have to give up picks/players? The Titans of all teams should realize what he means to their defense.

The Titans have A LOT of cap room. They had same amount as the Saints comming into FA and have only signed 2 player (small contracts at that) and have lost 6-7 players to other teams.

I love the Titans as much as I do the Saints and I highly doubt that they are going to trade him. They know how valuable he is and has been. I am sure they are aware of the W-L record w/o him and with him. They LOST all four games he did not start and the 2 he left the game injured on.

The last talks about his contract was they were trying to get a long term deal done and hammer out a few thing like the gauranteed (sp?) money and incentives. The plan is to have the deal entirely done by JULY according to the Titans site.

With that being said I would think that the Titans would like to have Colston who the Saints wouldnt part ways with or PT b/c of LenDale White's off season arthoscopic knee surgery along with this years first round pick and IMHO I dont see it happening.

IF and a big IF Fat Albert was to be traded away to any other team I would love to see his dominance here in NOLA. Haynesworth in Black and Gold would be awesome and huge improvement on our defense

Maybe Haynesworth is ready to leave Nashville. Check this out:

:scratch: :scratch:

He simply wants the Titans to help out VY offensively. Even losing LaBoy Odom and Starks (who were mediocre and looked good b/c of KVB and Fat Albert) he knows that they still have a great defense and understands our WR were okay but could be upgraded (IMHO it is partly b/c Chow LOVED to run the ball more than pass and Partly b/c VY needs to get better as a passing QB) to a higher talent level than Gage and Williams.

You should keep in mind he is a Franchise player, which usually costs two first round choices. They don't have to have that compensation, but the closer we get to the draft, and the more antsy I get becuase its not looking like we have any other option, I am warming up to the idea of maybe giving up this and next year's first round picks.

2 1sts?? That could be two new CB's. Or a new LB or D-Lineman who could be just as much of a force as AH. Both picks combined will prolly cost less than AH in this spending spree market. I would be very disappointed if we give up anything over 2nd round compensation. I'd rather risk that Ellis/Dorsey could fall to us at 10. I feel that your always better off building through the draft and adding smart FA pickups. (See NE Pats, they never blow the bank for anyone and always buy low & they replace their big stars in the draft T. Law turned into Samuel, Smauel is gone and likely McKelvin or DRC will be replacing him this year. Thats the way to do it, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Esp. if that basket has a attitude problem, an inflated salary and costs 2 1st rounders!!

If we trade for Haynesworth, we might as well trade Will Smith in the deal because signing Haynesworth would prohibit the Saints from signing Will Smith as well. That is way too much money for the D Line. However, Haynesworth is the top at his position.

i wouldn't mind that trade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom