I'd take Vick as our QB (1 Viewer)

This offensive juggernaut would be at a stand still without brees, he makes this mother tick.

This offensive juggernaut would be at a stand still without brees, he makes this mother tick.

Brees throws it to Vick, "Whats that blur across the screen? Oh wait Saints just scored!!!!"

Brees to Deuce, Deuce to Reggie, Reggie Fakes pass and toss to vick, Vick Zig zags his way to the Endzone, GO SAINTS!..

Eh i'd never sleep if we get vick and manage to keep our star starters, Saints would be the Gem of the south.

What a ludacris hypothesis...Vick ain't our guy and won't be our guy...he's a Dirty Bird for life cause he fills up the stadium and Arthur Blank (Birds Owner) loves him like a son.

That said, I have to say I loved his effort last Sunday...he ran his butt off and then in the fourth quarter when he hit Roddy White in the hands, Hollis Thomas absolutely buried him! What a great hit! I don't know how Vick got up...and after he did get up and went to the sidelines he should have Gangster Slapped Roddy White.

Roddy White = Worst NFL reciever EVER!

What a ludacris hypothesis...Vick ain't our guy and won't be our guy...he's a Dirty Bird for life cause he fills up the stadium and Arthur Blank (Birds Owner) loves him like a son.

That said, I have to say I loved his effort last Sunday...he ran his butt off and then in the fourth quarter when he hit Roddy White in the hands, Hollis Thomas absolutely buried him! What a great hit! I don't know how Vick got up...and after he did get up and went to the sidelines he should have Gangster Slapped Roddy White.

Roddy White = Worst NFL reciever EVER!

I agree. Vick let it all out on the field. He did his part. Most of his passes our receivers would of caught his receivers just suck. They player on the Delta Bravos I would take would be Warrick Dunn.

I would throw up at the sight of vick in a saints uni. Simple as that. Kinda like dressing hitler up as mother teresa.

ABSOLUTLY.........and I can't say that I'm suprisied at everyone saying no. I don't think he throws that bad at all. I love the way he throws. I like to watch him pass more than any qb in the league. Watch his mechanics. there is nobody better that can throw on the run, and hes got a gun....and in a perfect spiral. we're not even talking about his legs. Put him in different system......he's unstoppable.

Last edited:
He throws the ball like 258mph, which is beautiful and whatnot

But watching him try to prove that he's a good QB by throwing the ball so hard is like trying to prove you have good handwriting by pressing down real hard with the pen.

The only way I could accept Mike Vick on our Saints team would be that he play any other position other than QB....preferably WR...RB...or CB....we could use a good speedy CB come to think of it....I wonder if he can tackle better than he can throw a football....hmmmm

ABSOLUTLY.........and I can't say that I'm suprisied at everyone saying no. I don't think he throws that bad at all. I love the way he throws. I like to watch him pass more than any qb in the league. Watch his mechanics. there is nobody better that can throw on the run, and hes got a gun....and in a perfect spiral. we're not even talking about his legs. Put him in different system......he's unstoppable.

What system do you think he can run successfully?

He is already in a system that he can improvise,...and that's what he does best!

He doesn't fit into a West Coast Offense
1 He can't make more than one read
2 he isn't passer with the ability to put a real touch on the ball (You are young, so I assume you have never watch Montana in his prime)

Run and Shoot
On first thought, you might think yes,.... but this is a pocket quaterback system. He requires a lot of reading and coordination between receiver and QB.

Steelers (70s )
This may be the best system for him, other than the one he is currently in
Its a run first mentality. If there is no one open, do what Bradshaw did, throw it up for "Swanie."

Seriously
Vick best attributes is his speed, running skills, and he has a strong arm.
I don't think he as a great touch on the ball. I remember when Elway first came out. He had a rocket arm too,..... overtime, he developed a real touch. Well, before you say it, Elway already started to develop it by this time in his career.

Oh wait, I found an offense for him... The Option,...oh wait, they only do that in college,.... oh well,... just run it!

The question is do our receivers make Brees look good, or vice versa? Actually, I think they both are ok, but I don't think we just happened to stumble into such a wondeful receiver corps that it makes our new QB look great. It is more plausible that our new QB is helping our receivers look good, if you have to choose. So, I reject the notion that Atlanta's recivers are the primary problem for the Falcon's passing problems. I think subtlties like timing, touch, focus, direction, choice of receiver and playcalling (by coach) have alot to do with the timing and rhythm to make receivers look good.

I agree

I think QB and Receiving corps forms a symbiotic relationship

For examples
Montana (before Rice & Taylor, remember Freddie Solomon) and Favre
or
Stallworth & Swan or Branch & Biletnikoff: How good was Bradshaw and Stabler?

he would make a great water boy or good bird shooter. That's about all he is worth to me.

We could make the halftime ball catching competition much more fun if we had him throwing the balls. I think Coke would go for it because the contestants have a hard enough time catching the ball when it goes exactly where it's supposed to go. This could be a great way to raise money for charity.. when the contestants lose the money because his throws will be so erratic that money could be donated to a local charity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom