Idea: Trade for Bobby Carpenter? (1 Viewer)

If we needed a SAM, this would be a no-brainer. Carpenter is physically very similar in style and size than Fujita. The problem is that I am not sure if he would have the instincts to play the MIKE here, or if Fujita would move to the MIKE if Carpenter came.

I liked Carpenter a lot coming out of college, the good thing is that Gibbs knows him well, and in case the opportunity comes, then he can evaluate the impact he can have with the team, as a starter or as back-up.

We should not forget the not only we need quality but quantity, I am not happy with the depth we had at linebackers in so many years now.

If we needed a SAM, this would be a no-brainer. Carpenter is physically very similar in style and size than Fujita. The problem is that I am not sure if he would have the instincts to play the MIKE here, or if Fujita would move to the MIKE if Carpenter came.

I liked Carpenter a lot coming out of college, the good thing is that Gibbs knows him well, and in case the opportunity comes, then he can evaluate the impact he can have with the team, as a starter or as back-up.

We should not forget the not only we need quality but quantity, I am not happy with the depth we had at linebackers in so many years now.

Ok so let me ask the stupid question what is the real difference between the Wlb and Slb in our system. I know Fujita typically lines up over the TE but other then that what des one do that the other can't????

Ok so let me ask the stupid question what is the real difference between the Wlb and Slb in our system. I know Fujita typically lines up over the TE but other then that what des one do that the other can't????

Technically the OLB should be lighter and faster then your MLB. But Shanle and Simoneau look about the same size and are both slow, so as of now I don't see much difference in the two positions on our team.

Technically the OLB should be lighter and faster then your MLB. But Shanle and Simoneau look about the same size and are both slow, so as of now I don't see much difference in the two positions on our team.

Not that I am wanting Carpenter that bad but i think back and lets face it fujita never got on the field for them and he is our star. Carpenter may just be a better 4-3 fit.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom