Idea: Trade for Bobby Carpenter? (1 Viewer)

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
This guy was the 18th pick of the 06 draft. He was a pure Parcells pick, mainly as his dad Rob played for him. He isn't a good fit for their 3-4 and hardly sees the field. Scott Fujita was another linebacker who didn't fit the Dallas 3-4 scheme and I think Carpenter could make a similar impact. He clearly has talent and potential. Do you think the Cowboys could be tempted to trade him, especially if they feel they may need more fodder to move up in this draft for McFadden or another target? He's 24 and was a very good linebacker at Ohio State better suited to the 4-3. I would enquire

Sure why not? Has to be better than what we have.....comparing him to Fujita isn't going to impress me though. He has to be the most overrated player on this board. I guess compared to the rest of our D though he looks good. Woudn't be starting on many other teams in my opinion. Average player.

I started to post that we should absolutely not do it. He has been a bust here in Dallas. but the more I think of it, he has been misused with the Cowboys. I wouldn't be against trading for him.

On another team that got penetration with the front 4 Fujita would be awesome! Fujita plays good all game, he just needs a little supporting cast around him!

Sure why not? Has to be better than what we have.....comparing him to Fujita isn't going to impress me though. He has to be the most overrated player on this board. I guess compared to the rest of our D though he looks good. Woudn't be starting on many other teams in my opinion. Average player.

what swamp water are you drinking? Fujita is far from overrated. He plays a good overrall game at LB and is dependable. He is a prime example that a 3-4 scheme didn't help but rather hurt his play. He played well in KC in a 4-3 and is playing well again in nO in a 4-3.

I wouldn't be adverse to trading for Carpenter but nothing higher than a 4th round. He has to be better than Shanle.

Good idea. How about a sign and trade Devery Henderson? They need WRs over there 'cause theirs are getting old. Neither player is really panning out for the other team apparently.

More of a SLBer in a 4-3. We have Fujita player there already. Don't think he has the range to play MLBer. If we are going to trade for someone, I am hoping its a healthy Vilma.

Then we'd have 3 ex-cowboy LBs... no thanx... I'd rather draft 2 LBs in this draft (Mayo in the 2nd and Adibi in the 3rd), and let those 2 start... wouldn't be any worst that Simeneau and Shanle...

This team have enough weak linebackers, Why bring in another reserve and try to make a starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom