Idea: Trade for Bobby Carpenter? (2 Viewers)

I don't know where all the Bobby Carpenter love comes from all of a sudden. Much like our very own Robert Meachem, Carpenter spent much of his rookie season on the inactive list (except he didn't have an injury to be his crutch). Now he's pretty much a special teams guy.

I know, I know, the Cowboys have great linebackers. But he wasn't drafted in the 1st round to ride the pine.

I'll pass.

For a 7th round pick I'd trade for carpenter. I don;t see how anyone can think Carpenter has anything he can give the saints because he has not played in 2 years. He's so forgotten in Dallas most people would not know who he is.

I recall Parcells saying Carpenter was not where he needed to be in his development and he was not sure he would ever get there. At the time, it was said in Parcells way of trying to motivate a player to pick it up.

Then we'd have 3 ex-cowboy LBs... no thanx... I'd rather draft 2 LBs in this draft (Mayo in the 2nd and Adibi in the 3rd), and let those 2 start... wouldn't be any worst that Simeneau and Shanle...

I would pee my pants if the Saints were able to land Mayo but Adibi doesn't impress me at all. I watched a couple of VaTech games this year and he didn't impress me at all. Doesn't play in the back field, gets pushed around, etc...

I think Mayo could easily start in the Middle for the Saints but we all thought that when Simmons was signed didn't we?

He has been a bust.

Bobby Carpenter = Chris Bordano.

since being drafted by dallas, he was an ilb....then moved back to olb...out goes tuna and in comes wade's 3-4 d...in which case carp gets moved back to ilb, where he's stuck behind bradie james, akin ayodele, and kevin burnett.

when he was given time to play his rookie year at olb, he was actually very, very good. its just very unfortunate for him considering the expectations that were made. in a 4-3 as an olb, i think he'd produce bigtime.

but a bust? hardly.

since being drafted by dallas, he was an ilb....then moved back to olb...out goes tuna and in comes wade's 3-4 d...in which case carp gets moved back to ilb, where he's stuck behind bradie james, akin ayodele, and kevin burnett.

when he was given time to play his rookie year at olb, he was actually very, very good. its just very unfortunate for him considering the expectations that were made. in a 4-3 as an olb, i think he'd produce bigtime.

but a bust? hardly.

That was my assessment, if Vilma had played in the 3-4 his entire career he'd be considered a bust. Some players are better suited to a certain scheme (see Jason David), oh never mind.....

I would pee my pants if the Saints were able to land Mayo but Adibi doesn't impress me at all. I watched a couple of VaTech games this year and he didn't impress me at all. Doesn't play in the back field, gets pushed around, etc...

I think Mayo could easily start in the Middle for the Saints but we all thought that when Simmons was signed didn't we?

Exactly... I don't know what some of these guys did at practice, but it sure as heck didn't transfer to the field...

I'd even sign Al Wilson (WILL) with his bad neck and trade for Vilma (MIKE) with his bad knee and start those 2 over what we had...

what swamp water are you drinking? Fujita is far from overrated. He plays a good overrall game at LB and is dependable. He is a prime example that a 3-4 scheme didn't help but rather hurt his play. He played well in KC in a 4-3 and is playing well again in nO in a 4-3.

I wouldn't be adverse to trading for Carpenter but nothing higher than a 4th round. He has to be better than Shanle.

Fujita is overrated. He's a reliable average LB, and not much else. I have to snicker when people suggest he should be in the probowl. He's good enough to keep, but he isn't good enough to build around.

Fujita is overrated. He's a reliable average LB, and not much else. I have to snicker when people suggest he should be in the probowl. He's good enough to keep, but he isn't good enough to build around.

I think most people don't think he SHOULD be in the pro-bowl, but that he COULD make it to the pro-bowl.

but a bust? hardly.

Very, very good????? Thats going very very far out on the limb.

Looks like the Cowboys are def trying to trade him, along with Marcus Spears...

'Rumor has it that the Cowboys are shopping former first-round picks DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter at the Senior Bowl.'

I wouldn't mind him, say for a late round pick. He can play MLB or OLB, has decent skills, also be depth for us, and say maybe he could excel here.

http://www.saintsrevolution.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15739

Last edited:
Fujita is a starting quality LB in the NFL. The only one the Saints have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom