Ideal Protein: Have you done the program? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I am not obese, but I am 50 lbs from my suggested BMI. I am thinking about doing the Ideal Protein program and I have some questions before i make the financial investment.

How much does it cost?
How long will it take?
Can I work out at all while doing this program?
How much weight can I realistically lose in a couple of months?

Can you post a link to the program? I can probably give you some pointers and help you with something that will be more cost effective if you are interested.

Are you planning to exercise as well while you are on this program?

nutrilett_chocolate_shake_72685491.jpg

This is what I'm on.

Lost 15 lbs in 9 days so far.
Don't really feel any hunger anymore, and the cravings I have are for certain food items rather than candy and sugar.

Change your lifestyle/eating habits. Have patience and be committed.

No such thing as a diet or program to lose weight(and keep it off). What you gonna do, be a a diet/program the rest of your life? Think about it.

Change your lifestyle/eating habits. Have patience and be committed.

No such thing as a diet or program to lose weight(and keep it off). What you gonna do, be a a diet/program the rest of your life? Think about it.

Diet and programs make sure you lose weight, but to keep it afterwards of course you have to change lifestyle.

I'd rather lose weight in a few months and then change my lifestyle, rather than change my lifestyle and then lose the weight over a couple of years.

The key, as you say, is to change lifestyle, without that change all efforts to lose weight are gonna fail, but I'd rather do it later.

I'm not familiar with this program, but I do like the premise but feel you can do it cheaper. Eat high protein, and lots of fruits and vegetables. Some "nutritionists" say don't eat lots of fruit because of the sugar. Do not believe that! Your body was built to break down the natural sugars found in fruits. I have yet to see someone become overweight from eating a high protein, high vegetable/fruit based diet that is combined with exercise.

Although you may not be able to exercise now, you do have to figure out something to do. Start off with a 15 minute exercise and work your way up. Miracle food only works with exercise so try to do something.

15 pounds 9 days... That sounds healthy...

Alot of it are carbs that are stored in the body. They'll vanish quickly once you stop eating carbs, and will come back as quickly again once you start eating them. I think you have around 5-6 lbs of carbs stored in this way.

$90 a week sounds pricey. I know you're asking about the program in particular, but....

I'd just suggest getting up earlier and eating a good breakfast. Then eat a good sized lunch with good food groups. And when you get home, eat something light. Instead of any snacks the office may have for you, sub it out for carrots, almonds, raisins or other snack sized foods.

The problem is the hours, there isn't much time for anything major exercise wise. But you could get up and pop out some pullups, pullups, lunges, squats or other bodyweight exercises. Take 30 minutes while you're making coffee or whatever and get your body moving.

Good luck!

It's tax season and I am an accountant, so no. I will have no time to work out, which is the draw of this diet.

I'm a software developer with three young kids so I have approximately zero time to exercise. Look up the paleo (or even keto) diet. I lost about 20 lbs (which is all I wanted to lose, I now weigh 155 or so at 5'10") following a paleo diet about 80% of the time. You eat real food and never have to starve yourself.

I suggest something like this over a fad weight loss diet that you have to pay for as it's more of a lifestyle change, which means you'll be more likely to keep the weight off and be healthier overall in the long term.

Here is how I did it.

Morning shake: apple, blackberries, banana, stevia sweetened protein powder and an orange.

Snacks: only beef jerky or nuts

Lunch: salad or can of sardines or tuna or something sensible

Dinner shake: Kale, celery, banana, carrot, tomato, protein powder.

Workout: I have very limited time to workout between work and spending time with my son. What I do is after I put him to bed around 8pm I will do 3 sets of burnouts of an exercise or two. This will not get you huge, but you will see a noticeable difference from doing nothing at all.

Monday: chest and triceps - pushups. First set is wide grip, second is normal push up, third set is hands facing inwards. Your lats will also be sore from this.

Tuesday: biceps and calves. Dumbbell curls with a weight you are comfortable with for high reps and body weight standing calf raises.

Wednesday: upper legs: body weight squats for 3 sets of failure. You should not be able to walk and should hobble over to bed and go to sleep.

Thurs: abs: crunches 3 sets till failure

Friday: Delts and shoulders. One set each of front/side lateral raises. 3 sets of dumbbell shrugs till failure.

These workouts can take as little as 10-15 minutes, so there really is no excuse. All you need is a 20 or 30lb dumbbell and you can lose weight and gain muscle in no time.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom