If a package is obviously clothes can the delivery driver throw it at your door? (1 Viewer)

If a package is clothes can the driver throw it at your door?

• Sure why not

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Hell no

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Why did the delivery driver run back to the truck for each package instead carrying out an armful at a time?

I found both videos funnier than I probably should have. But I definitely don't think this is an automatic firing situation. Some type of reprimand certainly but not for someone to lose their livelihood over. Plus, this is probably a very stressful time to be delivering packages for a living given the increase in online shopping.

I worked for FedEx for 7 years. Yes we are. Policy says no but managers will tell you they don't care as long as no one sees or you don't have any late deliveries. We literally had to do it sometimes because we are so overworked that if you didn't throw some packages, you'd end up written up with the threat of losing your job. I dealt with those threats for a couple for years when I was delivering in Hammond.
While I'm sure it isn't nice to see packages thrown, just know alot of it has to do with a overload of work and en expectation of getting all those packages off your truck meanwhile being threatened to be fired. I place the blame on management and executives far more than blue collar middle class workers trying to feed their families.
I've also been bitten, had dogs sicked on me, and have had to run from numerous dogs. I never hesitated to throw packages for those people with loose dogs or consistently locked gates.
i worked for both ground (2 years) and express (5 years). do not miss.

I voted "sure, why not" before seeing the video and was going to say "only if they are lawyer's clothes".

I didn't think this would be a real question.

I never said it was a real question.

It's one of those things you wind up and turn loose . . . who knows where it ends up.

I know the Fex Ed Ground drivers that deliver to where i work, do not work for Fed Ex. They drive Fed Ex trucks, wear Fed Ex uniforms, but actually work for a third party logistics company that has the contract with Fed Ex.

I live in a rural area and I use Chewy.com for my dog's food and I have it on auto-ship. The poor Fed-Ex guy that delivers to my house is absolutely terrified of dogs so I try to be mindful of the ship dates and keep Buddy secured. If my dog is outside with me on the weekends and I am doing things around the house it is not unusual for me to find my dog's food laying in the middle of my driveway. I usually get a text about 15 minutes later that says "Sorry". My dog is not fericous at all but I get why he is cautious so I usually hit him back with a "No Problem". Other than that I haven't had any issues with him on my other deliveries.
Not sure why someone who is that afraid of dogs would want to deal with that on a daily basis. I get not liking dogs, but being terrified of dogs knowing you will have to deliver packages to houses where probably 1/2 of them have dogs is just a cray job choice.

Ethical question for the group.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this package was clothes. I just thought it might explain it better than "jerk driver who will be fired tonight."

They shouldn't throw a single product. My cousin works for UPS now and he said it's crazy how they handle packages... the larger the package, the worse it's handled.

He also mentioned there are extreme deadlines they have to meet while delivering.

They shouldn't throw a single product. My cousin works for UPS now and he said it's crazy how they handle packages... the larger the package, the worse it's handled.

He also mentioned there are extreme deadlines they have to meet while delivering.

Well, a couple of days ago, the driver was in such a hurry, he left a package sans product. No joke. Lol. First time I've ever been delivered a package with no product in it.

I've worked in warehousing my whole (adult) life, so I know he isn't joking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom