If after this week we are 1 out of the last 4... (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This Sunday is truly a critical game for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which is the level of confidence that fans and players will have if we go 1 win out of the last 4 games. (With the only win being at the expense of the hopeless Bucs)

So IFthe unthinkable happens and we take another game on the chin,

how will you be able to rectify it it you own mind, and of what will the losing skid be an indication???

Does the losing mean anything at all? :scratch:

if we don't win another game I will be alright. I will be disappointed but we have already played way better than I thought we would with all the changes. Why the hell you bringing that up anyway :hihi:

This Sunday is truly a critical game for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which is the level of confidence that fans and players will have if we go 1 win out of the last 4 games. (With the only win being at the expense of the hopeless Bucs)

how will you be able to rectify it it you own mind, and of what will the losing skid be an indication???

Such skids happen. The Giants were 1-2 to start the season and toast. They win 5 games straight and were the best team in the NFC and one of the best in the NFL. Then they lose to the Bears.

The Eagles had lost 3 straight before they blew the Redskins out last week, meanwhile Green Bay is 3-1 the past 4 games.

As individual snap shots, such stretches are meaningless. I wouldn't panic if the Saints lost and went to 6-4. That's still just as easily followed by a 4 game win streak (Atlanta, San Fran, Dallas, Washington) and we're at 10-4 fighting for a first round bye. Or maybe not.

The game is important I think from a mental standpoint. You don't want the team to begin to doubt itself. But objectively it's just another game, and since we aren't going 13-3 it's not the end of the world if we lose.

The only way that we lose this game is if we turn the ball over again. Even in the 2 games that we lost where we turned the ball over a lot (Ravens/Steelers) we still had a chance to win the game. We played the toughest D we'll see all season (Ravens) and still put up a lot of points. I would truly be shocked to see the same thing happen all over agan.

I don't expect to lose... My mind won't even go there right now.

If by chance we did lose, I'd reflect back on where my mind state was back in August, and I'd soon realize, once again, just how fortunate I've been this year to witness these Saints... Not being corny - That's how I really feel.

It is an important game. With our record and our schedule, every game is important..................
but, if we do drop this one and if we drop many more this year, I will still be estatic. When the season began, I predicted 6-10 or if we played outside of ourselves, maybe 8-8. The only thing I wanted to see was an improvement from week to week and that the current staff filled some holes this season and we could pinpoint the other holes. All 3,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,check.

i wouldn't start to get worried unless we are 6-6.

No matter what happens next week we would still control our own destiny in terms of the division as we have both Atlanta and Carolina remaining ont he schedule. If both Atlanta and Carolina win there would be a 3-way tie for the division, and guess who has the best conference record :)

In years past another loss at this point would probably spell disaster. But I truly believe that we are a different team, not just on the field but in our hearts and minds. Payton will not let them lose heart, nor will Brees.

if we were playing bad games it would be different maybe but imo we have only had one bad game this year and that was baltimore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom