If Bengals trade Green, Saints are odds-on favorites (1 Viewer)

I'm not so sure. The Bengals have no leverage. They are weeks away from not being able to get anything at all for him. Once the trade deadline passes, they're SOL, and Green then becomes a FA after the season ends.

Considering where things stand, I think a 4th is entirely doable, unless the Bengals want to try and sign him to a new contract. That's risky for them.

I agree - I have a hard time seeing any well-run team (and because we’re talking contenders only here, they’re all fairly well run) giving up a second or first for nine (or fewer) games from a receiver. That’s just crazy.

We love injured free agents who don't pan out so it wouldn't surprise me at all if we sign him.

We love injured free agents who don't pan out so it wouldn't surprise me at all if we sign him.

Well, considering Brees was one of those injured free agents. :scratch:

If you don't ever take a chance, you'll never know.

Well, considering Brees was one of those injured free agents. :scratch:

If you don't ever take a chance, you'll never know.

Yeah, and how long ago was that? How many duds and misses since then? Personally, I don't like the idea of paying top dollar for an aging and perpetually injured WR.

Yeah, and how long ago was that? How many duds and misses since then? Personally, I don't like the idea of paying top dollar for an aging and perpetually injured WR.

A 4th rounder and an 8-9 game rental isn't paying top dollar though. It's seeing if this is enough to get to the SB and win it all this season. We'll cross the FA bridge after the season is over.

There is no problem at all to bring him in considering your picking up a one year contract with a potential option. There is only half of the season remaining at that.... the biggest concern would be the pick needed to get him.

I have to think the Bengals couldn't ask for a king's ransom to move him given his injury history. I'm thinking maybe a 2nd or a 3rd?
Considering his age, injury history, and recent lack of production, he can certainly be had for a 3rd. Maybe even a 4th and a conditional pick. Hell, probably a 4th straight up.

Actually, Shady McCoy is doing fairly well in KC. Now that Mahommes is hurt that may change, but I am just saying that Green may be able to get healthy at the right time. I would like to see something because as exciting as it is to see our young receivers show off their talent, they cannot stay healthy.

I don't know if I want an often injured rental for anything more than a 6th. If I'm spitting out a 3rd or a 4th it has to be for backend help or an OT that can cover the eventuality that plagues our LT.

Most likely there are at least three good teams looking for possible WR help via a trade at this point. Patriots, Packers and Saints.

Now, the Saints will likely have to get past the Packers to get to the Super Bowl in order to meet the Patriots. They would then have to beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

Would you rather have a third round draft choice in 2020, or would you rather possibly weaken an opponent and make your team better?

Trade whatever it takes, within reason and make it happen!

One of the most underrated widerecievers guy has never had a good quarterback been with Scott fargus aka Andy dalton most of his career you pair him up with drew OMG make it happen loomis!

Hes another MT. Rather have Sanders or AB. But if that's what SP wants I'm game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom