If Bengals trade Green, Saints are odds-on favorites (1 Viewer)

We can afford him and he’s probably gettable with a 4th.
Maybe a 4th in 2020 but likely also a 2nd in 2021 (because we don't own a 2nd next season). They are likely picking 1st and certainly a QB has to be high on their radar considering the 31 yr old Dalton has only one more year left under contract. If they select a QB then you've got to have a WR & some OL help. If your drafting then the 4th round isn't going to cut it for a WR when you've got Green under contract. As conservative as that team/ownership is they are not going to give up AJ Green for a 4th rounder. Heck they only dumped a one legged "retired" Carson Palmer because the Raiders are stupid and offered a 1st and 3rd.

He’s a stud when healthy, but he’s been injured this year, last year, and the year before that one. I would hate for the Saints to spend a high pick for a guy that won’t even be on the field and isn’t even under contract next season. So we would be giving up a pick for a half season of “if he’s healthy” production.

It just makes too much sense to actually happen. The Saints need another WR. Green, when healthy, is one of the best WRs in the league. People can say, "But, but, but the cap!" and to that I say, to heck with the cap. Loomis gets what SP wants.
I always get annoyed with that cap crap. If we want someone Loomis CAN make it happen.

I'm down for him or Sanders. Come playoff time we can't let teams double Thomas and Kamara and not make them pay.

A move for a WR has to happen.

Smh. If Green started playing today, he would end the season with better stats than Sanders. It's an atrocity to compare the 2.

You want to take my quote in context with what I was quoting? Green is always hurt. He hasn’t put up elite numbers since 2015. Sanders is actually playing. This is a short term trade and Green isn’t playing.

It just makes too much sense to actually happen. The Saints need another WR. Green, when healthy, is one of the best WRs in the league. People can say, "But, but, but the cap!" and to that I say, to heck with the cap. Loomis gets what SP wants.
Yes yes and yes

Maybe a 4th in 2020 but likely also a 2nd in 2021 (because we don't own a 2nd next season). They are likely picking 1st and certainly a QB has to be high on their radar considering the 31 yr old Dalton has only one more year left under contract. If they select a QB then you've got to have a WR & some OL help. If your drafting then the 4th round isn't going to cut it for a WR when you've got Green under contract. As conservative as that team/ownership is they are not going to give up AJ Green for a 4th rounder. Heck they only dumped a one legged "retired" Carson Palmer because the Raiders are stupid and offered a 1st and 3rd.

No freakin way are we giving up a 2nd and 4th for a 32 year old receiver who is going to be a free agent next year.

So it seems we are pretty much getting either green or sanders. Otherwise there wouldn’t be all these reporters saying this and saying per sources.. hope it comes true.

If they are going full tank then they need to just do right by him and send him to a contender. What a colossal waste of a great receiver from a franchise owned by an idiot. This is the guy who kept Marvin Lewis for 15 years!

He's probably not even really hurt. After seeing the product they have put on the field this year would you blame him for sitting out?

I don't put stock in an overwhelming number of stats, and I am not putting stock in this one, just stroke me as curious.

Out of curiosity, I went to check how many games Green has been out, ( hey, intermission in the Caps-Leafs game) and while looking at the Games Played column, However, the catch % caught my eye (no pun intended). So I went looking at others as well. Rounded:

Green 59%
Sanders 61%
Bryant 58%

Of course, a target could be a ball that sailed 10 feet above their heads, or a ball that hit them in the chest and they dropped. Other notables are:

AB 66%
Fitzgerald 61%
Julio Jones 64%.
MT 77%

Last edited:
I wonder if they could work out a restructure before the trade and then get the Bungles to make a performance based trade. If he came in and produced heavy in a SB run, it would soften everyone up to a heavy loss in draft picks. And with no clear number 2 and Drew coming back it would make sense for them to want to trade with us over another team with a similar performance based trade.

The key words are " when healthy".
And just because he has been dealing with some injuries recently doesn’t mean he cant get back healthy lol. We have several players on our team who have suffered with injuries over the years, Armstead, Ginn, Anzalone etc... doesn’t mean they can’t contribute. Green at 80% is better than out receivers after Thomas.

No freakin way are we giving up a 2nd and 4th for a 32 year old receiver who is going to be a free agent next year.

He probably worded it poorly, but I'm pretty sure he meant either a 4th next year or a 2nd the following. I don't think he intended to say both. Regardless if we want him, we're gonna have to give close to what Cincy wants for him.

I have no idea what their asking price is, but I generally think Green would be a great get with the Saints. Hopefully he can stay healthy enough. 31-32 isn't really that old for a wr. Running back, sure but there are a lot of high quality wrs who were very productive through their mid 30s.

Green's speed and talent hasn't dropped off much and it's been reported that he's taking a go slow approach to try and get traded, so he might be perfectly healthy for all we know.

He probably worded it poorly, but I'm pretty sure he meant either a 4th next year or a 2nd the following. I don't think he intended to say both. Regardless if we want him, we're gonna have to give close to what Cincy wants for him.

I have no idea what their asking price is, but I generally think Green would be a great get with the Saints. Hopefully he can stay healthy enough. 31-32 isn't really that old for a wr. Running back, sure but there are a lot of high quality wrs who were very productive through their mid 30s.

Green's speed and talent hasn't dropped off much and it's been reported that he's taking a go slow approach to try and get traded, so he might be perfectly healthy for all we know.

He’s getting right in the age where most receivers drop off. And he dropped off a few years ago. I wouldn’t give up a 2nd round pick for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom