If Bengals trade Green, Saints are odds-on favorites (1 Viewer)

Why no to my suggested trade of our 1st round pick and 5th round pick for their 2nd round pick and AJ Green?

Because that makes NO sense for Cincy. They are basically trading Green for a 5th round pick in that scenario. The Saints picking 28-32 and Cincy picking 34-36 just isn't that big of a difference. That leaves AJ Green for a 5th round pick, which 60+% of the time wont even make the roster. Its a non starter, Cincy would look at that as a joke.

Dez won't cost us a draft pic and he can at least draw attention as a decoy at worst.

Because that makes NO sense for Cincy. They are basically trading Green for a 5th round pick in that scenario. The Saints picking 28-32 and Cincy picking 34-36 just isn't that big of a difference. That leaves AJ Green for a 5th round pick, which 60+% of the time wont even make the roster. Its a non starter, Cincy would look at that as a joke.

So, moving up 7-8 spots in the top of the 2nd is worth nothing in your mind? Pls...

So, moving up 7-8 spots in the top of the 2nd is worth nothing in your mind? Pls...

Think about that scenario before you start with that. Its a laughable trade scenario. Its worse than a lowball offer.

Cincy moves up 7-8 spot AT MOST, and that is a stretch. Right now the Saints look like a NFCCG team. And Cincy is tiebreakers away from the #1 pick. So lets say they pick 33 and the Saints pick 30. That's 3 picks, and isn't that unlikely. Cincy is 0-6, and they are about to literally compete with Miami to get the #1. I cant see this being more than a 5 pick difference. Cincy tanks and picks 33 or 34 and the Saints win the SB, which I would say with a healthy Brees they are the favorites along with NE, then its 2 picks.

That just not enough to really be a factor in that trade. The value between 30-36 just isn't that much. Its about 60 points on draft charts. A 5th round pick is worth around 30 for where the Saints would be picking.

So you are trading AJ Green for what amounts to be around 100 points on a draft chart. Its ludicrous to even think Cincy would even look at that without laughing.

Last edited:
So you are trading AJ Green for what amount to be around 100 points on a draft chart. Its ludicrous to even think Cincy would even look at that without laughing.

Not much more. We'll see... I also believe that the Bengals will win a few games. They have talent

Last edited:
You have to remember that Green is an unrestricted free-agent at the conclusion of this season, so the Bengals are just two weeks away from potentially losing Green anyway and getting nothing for him. It’s the entire reason trade rumors surrounding Green exist.

You have to remember that Green is an unrestricted free-agent at the conclusion of this season, so the Bengals are just two weeks away from potentially losing Green anyway and getting nothing for him. It’s the entire reason trade rumors surrounding Green exist.

This is why the offers for Green should be minimal. He basically needs to be looked at as a rental for 8-9 weeks.

Dropping 8 to 10 spots out of the first round for an 8 to 12 game rental doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I would just offer a 4th and see if they bite. If they don't, no harm done. Move on to other options.

Yes but at the same time they could get a compensatory pick if he walks in FA, depending on the contract he gets, what other FA's they sign, and the various other aspects to the NFL's super-secret formula that doesn't make sense and always gives the Pats 12 comp picks and the Saints 0 regardless of FA activity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom