If Brees brings the saints to a Superbowl (1 Viewer)

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
would he be a lock for HOF?

He'll have to play at least a few more seasons, if he was to get hurt in the next couple years, probably not...

I say 3 more solid statistical years and if he wins a SB or at least makes it to one, I think he's in.

He'd have to put up Hall of Fame numbers for at least a couple more years. But even without a Superbowl (I hope he gets at least one) if his numbers keep up he's definitly up there.

His numbers per season are very comparable or better than the current Hall of Fame QB's. You look at the Hall of Fame QB's and all of them have had 10+ year NFL careers. While Drew numbers are not that far behind guys like Steve Young (who played 15 years compared to Drew's 8), he's only about 7000 yards and 64 TD's behind) you have to take into account playing careers and how they held up through the years. Give Drew at least 3 more seasons of putting up 4000+ yards and 25+ TD's he'll have the credentials to stand along side the best. A Super Bowl ring won't hurt though.

To the OP's question, no. Simply bringing the Saints to a Superbowl will not put him in the HOF.

Now if we were to actually win one, then he might get some consideration IF he continues with his statistical success of recent years. Again, IF.

If he were to lead the Saints to 2 SB wins, then I'd say he would be a near lock. He'd still need to continue putting up some pretty decent numbers, but not necessarily Marino-esque like last year.

3 wins and yes, absolutely a lock, regardless of how impressive his numbers are going forward (although one would have to think they would still be pretty good if we're winning SBs).

No. As AAAAALLLLL of you have pointed out, rings don't matter. Now if he keeps this statistical pace and wins just one, he's probably not a first ballot, but he'll get in.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom