If Brees gets a 3 year extension do we really need 3 QB's on the roster? (1 Viewer)

I'm curious about the QB situation. Seems like there is a quite a few people on the forum here that really don't like GG. But it seems to me that QB's take time to develop. It seems that we are willing to let receivers take 3-4 years before we want to run them off. With GG it seems like many members here think he should be a pro-bowler without any real game time experience. Why the patience on receivers, but not a qb (arguably a more difficult position to master)? For me GG may or may not be our next franchise qb, but SP took his time with Romo and is comfortable with that process, so why not let him do the same with whatever QB SP wants to develop.

We actually need 3 QBs simply to practice throughout the season and run the scout team (and your #2 runs the back up offense).

That's even more true when you have an older QB. You don't want Drew to throw 300-400 passes a week. (you can do it for a couple weeks but not all year)
Ideally our 3rd QB would be on the practice squad.

I've seen teams go from too many QB's to not enough in 1 game.

We need either 3 QB's on the 53, or 2 on the 53 and 1 or 2 like Griffin that know the system on the PS or speed dial. AFAIK, there are none available that currently know our system.

considering our Oline you might be correct

If Luke were younger, I'd be fine with two.

If we could drop GG on to the PS this season, I'd be fine with that....but I do think we need a 3rd QB who understands our system.

At this point, I'm having serious doubts about Grayson's future. As a member of the 53 or PS, I think his only real value is his knowledge of our system should something happen to Drew and Luke.

We're old at QB (with Drew and Luke) and our young guy doesn't seem to have the chops. Whether we extend Drew or not, I'd like to see an investment in a young QB with starter potential in the very near future.

I do agree that we need a 3rd QB around (either on the 53 or PS) to handle scout team, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom