If Brees gets hurt in the playoffs give me Taysom over Teddy. we wasted a 3rd (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We have NO CHANCE with Teddy. Taysom could give us a chance if we play him like Lamar Jackson

RKNSaint

Contrarian
Reaction score
Reluctant to play along but will only say that if Brees gets hurt we are screwed with either TB or TH in a lose and gome home format. As would be any other team.

MisterCatfish

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I think you are putting too much on one game with starters coming in and out, with the most vanilla gameplan. Teddy would give us a far better shot than Taysom and that’s the reason he’s the real backup. Y’all leave Teddy alone. It’s one meaningless game.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Can you name all the players who lined up on the offensive line for the last game? Cool. Me neither.

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
You guys are really overreacting to yesterdays game. Taysom is not NFL ready. The few passes he has been asked to throw haven't gone well so I don't see how our fans have so much faith in him as a legit QB.

Vanilla gameplan with two tackles signed off the street, no Warford & Peat left early, no Kamara & only Ingram for a couple series and you think the problem is Teddy? Even Drew would not have had a great day in that situation against Carolina's starters.

Teddy is a good QB, but neither he or Taysom is Drew. Nor would a rookie out of college or free agent signing. Drew was not Drew on his mid 20's. He grew into that level of player. Some of you guys want someone to be Drew as a young player and that is an absurd expectation. Bridgewater had a better QB rating in his first game with the saints than Drew did in his first game in the black & gold.

Saintster

Through Thick and Thin since 1986
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With all of these knee jerk reactions over a guy that hasn't started in 2 years or really hasn't even played. We didn't put him in the best situation. It seems there were too many people that thought he was going to come in and go tear it up.

Very few if any player could come back with only one week of real work during a week before game day (simple game plan or not) go into a sluggish lazy team effort and flourish. These are the threads that if he does end up being what we hoped for will spawn the traditional "I was wrong but I will eat crow stupid backtracking threads". Those are just as irritating as the post that lead to those.

Look at some good things he had a good run and threw some really good passes. You could see where the plan was and that was to get Thomas the record and Teddy forced it more than he should have.

I still think we need way more than the small sample we witnessed but under optimum situations. He needs to play with the starters on both sides playing in a meaningful game. I think that is where you can draw a better conclusion.

bw

We're Saints. And we don't quit-unless it's cable.
Reaction score
Weird thread. I can always understand the fear of losing Brees to injury. I also can understand a lot of fans didn’t like what they saw yesterday from TB (despite not fully grasping the circumstances of what we put on the field and ultimately just played not to get hurt, but whatev).

What I don’t get? At all? Of all the carts to put before a horse right now....

WhoDatInTexas

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We have NO CHANCE with Teddy. Taysom could give us a chance if we play him like Lamar Jackson
4 out of 5 offensive linemen were backups. 2 of the backups were literally sitting on their couches a week prior - meaning they were likely outside the top 200 linemen in the NFL. He also had no Joker, no deep threat, and minimal Ingram. So the offense was fairly limited. To expect Bridgewater to have played at a high level is unreasonable. He looked reasonably comfortable and with one exception (the pic) didn't make any glaring judgment errors. He was far from perfect, but with 21 other starters and a game plan, he's likely capable of managing a game. Remember, Payton got a 300 yard game and a chance to win from McCown against a good Carolina defense via scheme and personnel. You'd be hard pressed to find a front office person who thinks 2015 McCown > 2018 Bridgewater.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think everyone is holding new QBs to Mullins' debut. He's not the norm, the 49ers just got lucky.

dbridge

a.k.a. Dulymus Jenod
Reaction score
One reason Teddy was not as good as he could have been is because someone (don't know if it was Coach Payton) told him to keep forcing the ball to Can't Guard Mike so he could get his record. Nothing wrong with helping Mike get it, but it hurt Teddy's stats.
Also the pass to Trequan should've been a TD. It was a little underthrown but Tre should have extended his arms up to snag the ball out of the air. Instead he waited for the ball to drop into his arms which gave the defender the chance he needed to bat it away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)