If Brees Is Out (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I get it. This absolutely sucks, but I’m so glad and fortunate how healthy Brees has stayed in the past! With all the times he’s been hit, sacked, and smashed Brees has been balling every season per usual.

Stay positive! This will be very interesting to see Teddy and or Taysom take this offense. We will see a glimpse of Brees when he departs. I know a lot of you aren’t sold on Teddy neither am I. SP has an eye for QBs so I trust him. Teddy may need some time to adapt to this offense. But like y’all I want to see some Taysom action!

We can’t have Brees expectations. Nobody will ever fill those shoes. Brees is 1 of a kind.

On another positive note there was a rams fan that was acting like a complete imbecile. Extremely rude to saints fans at the game. A lady who sat behind me was a saints fan and after the game was pretty much over she walked over to the man tapped his shoulder and told him how it was a good game, wished his team luck, and shook his hand. Just makes me love this team even more. The fan base is like nothing else!

We just dont have a QB to step in for Brees.
And Teddy is not the answer...

I mean there is no QB on this world to step in for Brees. But with this kind of Offense we got, and TB put only 6 points on the board? Well wait... he didn’t! Lutz did
Teddy did NOTHING

Teddy had a few good passes that our wideouts just didn't catch.

Those thinking Taysom is the savior at QB must have more info than the coaching staff.. Per usual
I think in general, we have to go with Bridgewater, and now that he will be working with the ones, getting the reps, I figure we will see an improvement
in game management next week....but...Seattle in Seattle is not the game I would choose to start him...
If I were running the team, I would have Humphries and Butler in uniform today, and of course would spend the entire week getting Bridge ready...
I would also make sure to have at least 10 plays, and packages that can be run in sequence for Taysom Hill...That way, when you know the game is beginning to overwhelm Bridge, and it may, send in Taysom and coach up Bridge for the next series of downs...in fact, that might be a good way to go all game..one series of downs for each qb, you could be getting the other one ready while the one is playing...might be our best option...
Taysom is not as good a passer, but he has grit...he looks like a leader...teams respect him..and he can run...if he can take the next step and become a great passer, I think in the end, he is the better choice, but he may not be ready right now....just my opinion...

I mean id love to see Hill be the guy at QB.. Just need someone to step up because though our D is pretty good with an offense that can't stay on the field that ups the risk of defensive injury.

The coaches didn’t go with Taysom because if you move him to qb you have to gut 30+% of playbook (because you are now scrubbing Taysom from his qb/wr/rb/te role).

It had nothing to do with the coaches not having confidence in Hill, as much as it was the coaches knowing that they needed to preserve as much of the offensive playbook as possible in order to win the game.

Bridgewater was just I’ll prepared.

Teddy had a few good passes that our wideouts just didn't catch.

Those thinking Taysom is the savior at QB must have more info than the coaching staff.. Per usual
I don't think Taysom is a savior at all. But I think he gives the team the best chance at winning, say 3 or 4 of the next 6 or so games. I don't have the fortune of watching practice, so of course the coaching staff would have more insight and knowledge than any fan would. So I can only go by everything I have seen, from preseason and the couple of regular season games that Teddy has played in. And from what I have seen, I don't see us being able to go .500 with Teddy at the helm. With Taysom, I don't know, but would like to find out if Brees is out an extended time.

The Pro Bowler Teddy Two Gloves was a pro bowler in Minny because all he had to do was hand off to AD, and not force turnovers while the defense held opponents to under 18 pts. Our defense can hold opponents to under 20, but Teddy needs to do a bit more here if he wants to be a Pro Bowl qb.

The coaches didn’t go with Taysom because if you move him to qb you have to gut 30+% of playbook (because you are now scrubbing Taysom from his qb/wr/rb/te role).

It had nothing to do with the coaches not having confidence in Hill, as much as it was the coaches knowing that they needed to preserve as much of the offensive playbook as possible in order to win the game.

Bridgewater was just I’ll prepared.

Agreed on why we didn't put Taysom in. Also, most of my friends were screaming for Taysom at the end of the game when it was nearly out of reach. What good would that have done? Taysom has one good drive then we suddenly have a ridiculous QB controversy. Nah, I'll pass. We just had a really really crappy day.

Agreed that Bridgewater looked lost at times. I'm wondering how much different a gameplan will be when we know Bridgewater is starting will be. I know you always pay your back up to be able to come in and win a game but lets not kid ourselves...the Rams are the defending NFC champs (even if it should have been us), we played them on the road, and we had injuries and sloppy play ALL over the place. I think we paid Bridgewater that much money because we knew were riding on a 40 year old QB and needed someone that could get us to the playoffs if something happened. Well, now is his chance. I hate its on the road in Seattle but..."next man up"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom