if Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee falls to us, will Sean Payton pull the trigger? (2 Viewers)

Not ANOTHER gimp 4rm da Vols, haven't we learned 4rm Stallworth & Meachem. Stallworth ALWAYS had hamstring problems & it basically took Meachem a year & a half 2 learn da playbook... PASS!!!

Not ANOTHER gimp 4rm da Vols, haven't we learned 4rm Stallworth & Meachem. Stallworth ALWAYS had hamstring problems & it basically took Meachem a year & a half 2 learn da playbook... PASS!!!

4rm?

How is that even a thing? Is that really any easier than typing f-r-o-m?

Looks like a pretty good prospect. He is relatively unknown (for now) because he was a JUCO guy. He runs good routes, has good hands, catches the ball in front of him, rarely body catches it. He loses very little speed when making his cuts. He also contributes on special teams and is a threat.

I think he is gonna need to get stronger, I also think he dances ALOT trying to pick up YAC. It works for him in college, but don't try that in the NFL. Faster players, better tacklers, would like to se less dancing and more upfield with his speed.

If he is there at 15, and the defensive prospects are thin I would not be upset. But if Mingo, Jordan, Jones, Vaccaro, Elam, Zeke are there I think they are comparable talent wise, but they jump ahead because those defensive players fill the need.

I like Patterson a lot tho, he is a very good prospect, and if he is deemed BPA I am not one to argue (like I have a say anyway).

The one thing about this team tho, is we do a good job of filling needs in FA, usually with mid-teir guys who fit the mould, sometimes with our own guys we would like to see cut. None the less, I see us in a position come draft time to draft BPA. Not sure if that means Smith, and Vilma are resigned. Or we cut them and bring in Spencer, and promote Hicks to DE, and give Hawthorne the nod beside Lofton I do not know. But I think we will bei n a position to draft BPA. If it Patterson so be it, but I would think any of the defensive tweeners falling, of a nice Safety would out weigh the WR if everything is equal.

this may not be popular, but I hope they go bpa every round regardless of offense or defense.
i'm not saying patterson would be bpa, btw. i really don't know much about him.

Didnt you know? Under ML and SP, we have ALWAYS drafted for "BPA" . And they WILL tell you that too! IMO, it just so "happened" that the player also filled a NEED. :mwink: Example: 1st rd/pick players:

06 - Reggie - With a new coaching staff and a QB who may have lost his arm, take the player who can help - ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE!
07 - Meach - the replacement for Joe Horn .
08 - Ellis - Dire need for a DT, so much so, we moved UP to get him!
09 - Jenkins - A playmaking replacement for Josh Bullocks, only, who knew Sharp would be so good!
10 - P Rob - Remember the year before when we had to bring in MM and McAlister off the street to play CB?
11 - Cam - In 10, we actually found somebody worse than Charles Grant, in Alex Brown, to play LDE!
11 - Ingram - Remember how the RB corps imploded in 10?
12 - Hicks - We got rid of Franklin and Rogers. After newly signed Bunkley, we had NO depth at NT. As our 1st pick, Hicks got the call ( and playing in Canada, remember, many called him a "reach".)

I could also make a case for some of the later picks as well. But overall, there IS a trend in drafting players at positions of NEED, who the Saints will tell you, were the BPA when they drafted em.

This year is an OT thin draft. I'd hate for SP and Loomis not to re sign Bushrod and then draft #3 rated OT Lane Johnson, at 15, esp if the likes of Jordan, Jones, Mingo, Ansah, even Patterson, etc are still available.......

and then have to contort their mouths to say he was the BPA on their board. :jpshakehead:

JMO.

After thinking about it a little more.

This guy is really good, seriously, good. There is no way Miami Passes on him, they need this guy. He is the best playmaker IN THE DRAFT. He is not gonna be there at 15, he may not be there at 12 for Miami. /thread.

This team has knack for going BPA. I fully expect Loomis and Co to address a lot of needs in free agency so we dont pigeon hole ourselves in the draft having to draft for need.

Honestly, i dont even get hung up on who we draft in round 1. I am in total agreement with the BPA strategy.

I used to be a BPA guy, but in the NFL you need your draft picks to contribute right away. There's no farm team to send the guys to. I'm not advocating a reach, but your picks have to address a potential weakness.

From what little I've seen. Fluid strider that eats up yards without really looking like he is doing it. And cuts and goes like a running back.

Tempting. Very tempting. If all the pass rushers have gone off the board, and he's there? Might have a go at him.

Addendum: Watched the whole video. This dude is going to make a Pro-Bowl. Probably as a returner.

Got it 4rm my kids, @ 1st I thought it was short for form.

First thought I had was forum, but context suggested from. Plain and simple, any internet shorthand that has to guessed at probably shouldn't be used. Leaves things less likely to be misinterpreted that way.

Don't post a lot, but since I am a UT alum I figured I would chime in. No one at UT thought Patterson was going to have the impact he did. After a few games they started lining him up in the backfield just to get the ball in his hands more. I think he has great potential, however the big knock on him at UT was that he is dumb as a bag of hammers.
Not the guy I think we will go after, plus all the "not another UT receiver" threads would get old.

This kid is special. If he is deemed best player available, by a significant margin, it would be tough to pass on him.

This may be the most impressive highlight tape I have seen of any prospect so far this off-season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RjxkQXlCAfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow!! What an impressive video...

That kid is a player... Man playing with boys against vandy.

I can tell u about him he was a highly touted juco guy think he was the number 1 juco rec in the nation!! We Rec him to Ole Miss and on signing day he flipped to TENN in the SEC he was one of the league leaders in touchdowns receptions etc think he also did punt returns the guy is built like CINCINNATI's GREEN height wise but faster and better hands IF I WERE COACH PAYTON AND HAD THE OPP TO DRAFT HIM I WOULDhe has a high football IQ and a great all around player

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom