If Covid was Not a thing right now, would the "experts" like the Saints more in this game? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Mainly in that we would have our Domefield advantage and it would be absolutely nuts, maybe even louder and wilder than the NFC Championship game two years ago. Would a real home field advantage give the Saints just enough more of an edge to change the line on the game and the media narrative that's been going on?

Mainly in that we would have our Domefield advantage and it would be absolutely nuts, maybe even louder and wilder than the NFC Championship game two years ago. Would a real home field advantage give the Saints just enough more of an edge to change the line on the game and the media narrative that's been going on?

I personally would feel much better and much more confident if we had the dome rockin' because you know this game would rival our loudest in history. If we win this week, it's likely that we would play in Green Bay and then Tampa for the Superbowl, so barring a GB upset...this is Brees' last game in the dome. It would be special and I know the fans would bring it. Sans fans...I'm nervous. The finality of it all makes me nervous.

Definitely. You’d add a couple points for homefield AND you give our already-great DLine a split-second head start over what they’re going to have Sunday.

Considering we’re still a 3 point favorite even without a Domeful of fans, I could only assume the line would move to at least a 6 point favorite if the stands were full.

However I also read somewhere that they’re only viewing COVID home field as a 1.5 point advantage compared to the usual 3. So maybe it’d only move to 4.5 points in the Saints favor instead of the full 6.

[Mod edit deleted post]
I'm curious about the game? Also to be blunt back, I wish I could ******* go to Brees' likely last game in the Dome but I cannot afford a $1300 ticket so this sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the game gets closer I get more ticked off that I won't be able to attend Brees' last home game most likely barring a Rams upset and even then I likely won't get picked for tickets again. Can't afford a $1300+ ticket either. Sucks, I miss my regular season tickets!

I personally would feel much better and much more confident if we had the dome rockin' because you know this game would rival our loudest in history. If we win this week, it's likely that we would play in Green Bay and then Tampa for the Superbowl, so barring a GB upset...this is Brees' last game in the dome. It would be special and I know the fans would bring it. Sans fans...I'm nervous. The finality of it all makes me nervous.
We would give it our all for Brees' last home game. Sucks that only 3500 of us can instead of the 70,000+ strong. All those healthcare workers who got exempt and can go better cheer their butts off.

The Saints have lost their last two home playoff games. I don't think Covid and not having fans impacts the media's opinion of the game.

No. They would talk about Tom Brady, our past issues in the post-season, and Drew Brees supposedly declining towards the end of seasons.

Yes. I would feel better. Yea, we're still playing Brady but people act like we don't have Drew. Domefield is a huge thing. We can't control the refs but I'd rather deal with them in the Dome.

Why are people consumed with what the national media thinks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom