If Dalton starts and wins the next 2 games…What do you do with Winston? (1 Viewer)

If Dalton actually moves the ball and say we win the next 2 games. What do you do with Winston when he is healthy to play again ? Would you ride it out with the Cajun Carrot or put Winston back in ?
Bench Winston til Dalton fails. Winston is never going to be truly healthy this year with 4 vert fractures and that O line.

If Dalton actually moves the ball and say we win the next 2 games. What do you do with Winston when he is healthy to play again ? Would you ride it out with the Cajun Carrot or put Winston back in ?
Depending on how Dalton plays, It’s possible Winston has taken his last snaps with the Saints. The not losing your position days to injury in the NFL died when Brady took over for Bledsoe. Now it’s all about winning. If Dalton wins you stick with the hot hand. If he loses its back to the drawing board.

1st off, what is possibly cajun about Dalton? Dude is less cajun than Taysom hill and that’s saying something

2nd I have zero insight into how head coaches think, but in every instance I can think of, when the starting QB was healthy, he got his job back
I figure there must be a structural reason
Alex smith, and like mentioned above Brady. Those two pop in mind.

I think the the real question is did you ever support Winston? If you think Dalton can become anything remotely close to being the answer at QB.

I supported jameis but I honestly don’t have faith in either of them anymore. Not long term.

I think right now Dalton might possibly be a better fit for this team. Especially with jameis being injured.

Honest question honest debate. OTHER than arm strength what makes JW better than Dalton?

Once Dalton starts this week, he'll be the starter for the rest of the year. DA won't be able to go back to Winston when the team is rolling along and the O is firing like it is supposed to.

Winston is not just dealing with 1 injury, he has
Honest question honest debate. OTHER than arm strength what makes JW better than Dalton?
That’s what I wonder also! Winston has only had 1 quarter all year where you could possibly say Winston played well. If you didn’t know better several post on this board would make you think Winston is some awesome QB and he is not. I wanted Winston to work out because of his youth and athleticism but he has this look of a deer in headlights every time they show him. You can’t be a successful QB in the NFL on just athleticism. You have to know where your receivers are going to be in your sleep and he does not know where they are going to be.

I believe he wanted to rebuild Winston, I also believe it took a lot of work last year to change the way he’s played his whole career. I believe he looked at that and alot of other things and said it was too much and he needed a break.

You can’t tell me with a straight face if we had Tom Brady or some other Elite QB come in here, they Payton would have stepped away from the team.

And yes I believe it took probably everything Payton had to hey Winston to play a certain way to be successful and his one season of doing so under Payton is the outlier to the e rest of the way he’s played since 2015. That part is a fact actually.

Just doubling down on this ridiculous idea. Amazing.

Healthy Winston >>>>> Healthy Dalton.

It's not even remotely close. Y'all act like Daltons last few years with the Bears and Cowboys didn't happen.
Dalton was put in a terrible situation with the cowboys and don't even get me started with the bears. He doesn't have to be great with the defense we have just needs to be serviceable and not turn the ball over.

That’s what I wonder also! Winston has only had 1 quarter all year where you could possibly say Winston played well. If you didn’t know better several post on this board would make you think Winston is some awesome QB and he is not. I wanted Winston to work out because of his youth and athleticism but he has this look of a deer in headlights every time they show him. You can’t be a successful QB in the NFL on just athleticism. You have to know where your receivers are going to be in your sleep and he does not know where they are going to be.
Winston is not a great athlete. He ran about a 5.0 in the 40, and isn’t that quick. He can get some yards when he has an open field ahead of him, but that’s not how he can consistently beat teams. He has to do it with his arm.

Andy Dalton also isn’t a great athlete, but he used to be a better athlete than Winston. He was faster and quicker. He may have slowed down, but he also has always had to win with his arm.

Once Dalton starts this week, he'll be the starter for the rest of the year. DA won't be able to go back to Winston when the team is rolling along and the O is firing like it is supposed to.

Winston is not just dealing with 1 injury, he has 3 (ankle/back/hip).
I'm a Winston supporter and I agree. Fitzpatrick was diagnosed with hip flexor problem week one last year and never saw the field.

However I don't think this offense will get rolling. Defenses aren't worried about the Run or TE. They can just sit on the Recievers.

No Mike Thomas, No Kamara, No Peat, playing in London. Really not going to be a fair comparison with the lack of talent on the field.

1st off, what is possibly cajun about Dalton? Dude is less cajun than Taysom hill and that’s saying something

2nd I have zero insight into how head coaches think, but in every instance I can think of, when the starting QB was healthy, he got his job back
I figure there must be a structural reason
Ask Drew Bledsoe about the getting the job back part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom