If Dan Arnold makes the catch are we even discussing officiating right now? (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
I had to ask the question. Yes we got screwed but if Dan Arnold makes that catch we are probably not discussing officiating right now. I ‘m talking about the TD he had in his hands and dropped! Watson catches that! This just stinks right now.

Darth Deuce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I looked at the time left and IF the penalty at the end had been called. If we run three straight RUN plays (with them calling their one TO) and running the play clock down to around 1 second each play, they would have had around 20 seconds left after we scored.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well we would have been up by 7 instead of 3. It made a big difference when we played the Panthers in playoffs last year . Newton had to go for endzone and failed.
So your saying Arnold catches the touchdown pass and the game from that point on still goes the way it goes? No ripple affect....

OneBigEasy!!

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kid has talent. We supported Williams last year. Let's support this kid this year.

Saintslfc13

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So your saying Arnold catches the touchdown pass and the game from that point on still goes the way it goes? No ripple affect....
Exactly and that’s why you can’t say that. It’s the same with all the other what if arguments. If the Rams are up 4 cuz they got “that facemask” and then went on to score a TD. Assuming we get the ball around where Ginn caught it we’re not about to be in a tight formation calling a run play. We’re gonna spread them and probably have a pass called from the jump.

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Dan Arnold doesn’t catch.

And I’ve thought the same about that play. As a matter of fact I said it would bite us not getting more points at the beginning of the game.

It did.

I also think the fake punt for them was huge. And will never understand why we didn’t see it coming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette SR News Page Articles 0