IF......Definition: In case that; granting, allowing, or supposing that; introducing a condition or supposition (1 Viewer)

DefensePlease

Jeff
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There you have it, the definition of our season. IF

IF:

1.jon vilma can return to 4-3 form and stay healthy
2.deuce mcallister can return to old form and play all season
3.mike mckenzie can return to be a shut down corner
4.robert meachem can prove his worth
5.our defensive ends can rebound from a bad 07
6.dan morgan can play a full season
7.our #10 pick is productive right away
8.jason david,usama young,or randall gay can play corner descently

If we can get atleast 5 of theses "if's", I believe we will be a team to reckon with.
Of course you have to add if Drew brees stays healthy, but health is an issue for any team.
There are also a few more "if's", like if our safeties can actually contribute this year. Or if we can replace faine, and the line blocks better. However, those are mostly scheme and talent evaluation things that I've put faith in the coaching staff to fix. Kinda have to give a few of the defensive players a write-off from last year, cuzz they all stunk.

Congats you have won the "Worst Title of Any Post Ever" Award!

This is a great thread. I posted a poll with all these "ifs" and asked which was most important. 5 of these "ifs" go right, we win the division. 7 or 8 go right, we are in the NFC championship game. If decisions and injuries all go our way (see 2006) this team has as much young talent as Green Bay, and more than Dallas or New York. There is a silver lining to last year. Everything possible (except an injury to Brees) went wrong and we still had an outside shot at the playoffs. That's amazing in itself. Neither the NFC nor the NFC South have gotten that much better so things should be about the same next year. BTW, NY and Pitts have shown us you just have to make the playoffs. Then anything can happen.

This is a pretty interesting thread that covers some risks that we have this year.

On the contrary, what have you posted lately that is actually worth reading?

every teams season hinges on the word "if"

Ahh the off-season: when we forget that it's the Falclowns we're supposed to hate and attack and not each other...

The more Ifs you have the less likely you are to be successful. Just sayin,

Ouch,... I thought the title was inventive and different. There are a lot worse titles out there, and some of them are misleading. This title is more clever than sneaky,.... In My Humble Opinion:hihi:

--

Lots of opinions on my title.......take it as you will. Thanks to the posters who are here to support others and talk football. To all the haters: is it really necessary to waste time and space posting that you dont like the title of a thread?

Many teams offseasons do hinge on "if", but i feel as if we have the largest amount riding on the word. Just imagine a healthy vilma, and descent corner play.......it would be disgusting.

I like it, and on opening day I will be drunk in case of.....also, IF we win in London, we will win the Superbowl.

I like it, and on opening day I will be drunk in case of.....also, IF we win in London, we will win the Superbowl.

Wouldn't that be great???!!!!!!! Teams would be dying to go overseas if tthe Saints could manage to cement that trend.

I think you left out a "Big If".

If none of those ifs happen, we are still Fielding the same team as most of last year. McKenzie would be the only loss.

I can't see how we did not get better this off season because some of those gambles will pay off. If none do we are still putting a team on the field that has a chance at the play-offs.:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom