If Deshaun Watson is there at the 11th pick (1 Viewer)

Right after the college season was over, I wanted the Saints to take Watson.

Then I watched Brady win the Super Bowl at age 39, and I thought, the heck with it, let's go DE.

Drew could have 3 years left in him. If Watson slides to the second, I say pick him for sure, and maaaaaybeee trade up to the late first if he is there at #25 or so.

But from everything I've read, most scouts don't think Watson is an open-and-shut first rounder. The Saints are rebuilding, and they need rushers in the worst way. I wouldn't pass on a top DE at #11.

Right after the college season was over, I wanted the Saints to take Watson.

Then I watched Brady win the Super Bowl at age 39, and I thought, the heck with it, let's go DE.

Drew could have 3 years left in him. If Watson slides to the second, I say pick him for sure, and maaaaaybeee trade up to the late first if he is there at #25 or so.

But from everything I've read, most scouts don't think Watson is an open-and-shut first rounder. The Saints are rebuilding, and they need rushers in the worst way. I wouldn't pass on a top DE at #11.

Same story every year

Yeah, i wouldn't love the pick if it was Watson. QB has such a high failure rate, I'd hate to miss on a pick that high when we are so needy at key defensive positions.

But, if we took him and he turns out to be great....who knows.:covri:

Why are so many even entertaining this idea? Drew has pretty much threatened to leave already. We can't waste our 1st round pick on a QB. We need help winning now. If nothing else, we have to at least make it obvious to Drew that we are doing everything we can to win NOW.

I am 100% sure our first pick will NOT be a QB. I would bet the farm on it. If I had a farm.

This would be a bad year to go QB first in any event. A few lazy journalist keep mocking QBs high. I could see as few as one or even none going in the first round. Maybe that will change as we get closer to the draft, and it would have to. The buzz on the top QBs is almost nil this year. And for good reason. There isn't a Luck, Winston, Mariota, etc... in this year's class.

Now I hope I'm wrong, the more QBs, RBs, WRs, DTs, that go, the more LBs, DBs, and Edge guys will be available when we pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom