If Deshaun Watson is there at the 11th pick (1 Viewer)

BELOWSEALEVEL

Almost Heaven :o)
Reaction score
My gut tells me he'll be the pick.
No articles or rumors have swayed me.
When a potential top qb in the draft is
available and you don't have to make any
moves to acquire him, he's the choice.
Green Bay didn't necessarily need Rodgers
but they took him because he fell in their lap.
Just saying.......... and yes, I know we need
defense..... who doesn't.

Hardly a huge leap of faith considering Payton's comments last week. I don't think anyone would be surprised if we took him.

I'm torn, we need Defensive help badly, but Watson may be too good to pass up.

If he's there I say let Cleveland trade up one spot to get him (we essentially trade spots in the first round) with us also getting their second round pick this year. We need to load up; what better way than extra draft picks?

Way over rated. No way we take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your guy. Is he of the janitorial persuasion?

I'm rolling with Brees either way. He has multiple years left.

If we fill our needs in free agency, and Watson is the BPA on the board, then you take him.

The one thing about Watson to me is his accuracy, and he makes those back-shoulder throws like a pro QB already. I know this is a "highlight" video and doesn't show any of the bad throws and decisions, but just look at these throws.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Frm1oeO2yu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your guy knows the pick before the team's draft board is even completed? Before the combine and all of the pro days? I mean, I'm not one to doubt inside information out of hand. We have way too many people here with very legitimate contacts associated with the team. But that just seems to me like inaccurate information at this point in time.

I just think that there's way too much process left before the draft to really even begin to seriously guess at the pick. Let alone declare a certain player, especially one that is currently sitting with a second round grade on most of the pundit's rankings and in leaked info about some team's boards, as THE pick.

I understand the argument to go ahead and draft a QB to be the future. However, here is the issue with that IMO :

- Drew has years left in him and i believe we continue to sign him to 1-2 year deals until he calls it quits.

- You never know if the QB you draft will pan out. I would rather wait until we absolutely need a QB and take a chance in the draft / FA when we need to. As long as Brees is a saint we need to continue to build around him / help out the defense.

- Yes it worked for the packers but realistically it never pans out when trying to draft a QB and let him sit for a year or 2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom