If Deshaun Watson is there at the 11th pick (1 Viewer)

If we fill our needs in free agency, and Watson is the BPA on the board, then you take him.

The one thing about Watson to me is his accuracy, and he makes those back-shoulder throws like a pro QB already. I know this is a "highlight" video and doesn't show any of the bad throws and decisions, but just look at these throws.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Frm1oeO2yu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, he's got that back shoulder throw down. I was really impressed with the way he calmly sidesteps that unblocked rusher at 2:35.

I want defense as much as anybody, but man it would be real hard to pass on this guy. Only thing I didn't like was the fact that he eyed down a lot of those throws. But man he can play. Great touch on the ball. I think that is something that a great QB coach, which we have in Lombardi, could fix. Wide receivers weren't too shabby either.

AND led a championship winning drive against the #1 team in the nation.

So did Vince Young. Big deal.

There's a reason Watson wasn't even being discussed as a 1st rounder before that game. The flaws and limitations are still there despite that great 2nd half.

Tread carefully. Still a year too early to get a Brees replacement IMO. He's gonna play another 2-3 years.

I live in the Carolinas, so I watch a ton of Clemson games. DW has that "IT" factor. Consistently improves every aspect of his game, stays poised at all times, comes up huge in big games, highly athletic, high football IQ, and is fueled by critics. He does things that you can't teach, he just has "IT".

If he's there I say let Cleveland trade up one spot to get him (we essentially trade spots in the first round) with us also getting their second round pick this year. We need to load up; what better way than extra draft picks?

Agree. This is the only sane strategy around that 1st round pick. Lets be honest Brees has 2+ years left in him

I live in the Carolinas, so I watch a ton of Clemson games. DW has that "IT" factor. Consistently improves every aspect of his game, stays poised at all times, comes up huge in big games, highly athletic, high football IQ, and is fueled by critics. He does things that you can't teach, he just has "IT".

I agree. There is just something about this guy. If he is there at #11, it will interesting to see what the Saints do. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision because they "may" have to choose between the following players (to name a few) in no particular order:

-QB Deshaun Watson
-MLB Ruben Foster
-DE Derek Barnett

I'm for Ransoming all picks at #11 because there are more than 11 extremely talented players in this draft. We could go as far as 15-16 and still get a good player. Unless Myles Garrett drops there.

I think Coach really does like Watson. But that doesn't mean we're gonna draft him. We liked Paxton Lynch last year, and passed on him when we were up. I think it's just Payton answering a question that was thrown his way. "If" we do draft Watson, I think it would be in a trade down into the 20's kind of scenario. 11 overall is a steep price to pay for a project player who prob wont see the field for several years. And it's clear that we're trying to win now. This draft is stocked with the exact kind of talent we need on D. Not opposed to drafting Watson or a QB, but to use our 1st pick on one would be a major let down, in my opinion.

Your guy knows the pick before the team's draft board is even completed? Before the combine and all of the pro days? I mean, I'm not one to doubt inside information out of hand. We have way too many people here with very legitimate contacts associated with the team. But that just seems to me like inaccurate information at this point in time.

I just think that there's way too much process left before the draft to really even begin to seriously guess at the pick. Let alone declare a certain player, especially one that is currently sitting with a second round grade on most of the pundit's rankings and in leaked info about some team's boards, as THE pick.

It says gut....or was it a typo that got edited?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom