If Deuce is a no go for the Tampa game... (1 Viewer)

Ragin Caucasian

Back in Black & Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
it just gives us an excuse to open up the passing game and let it fly.

I think we are capable of passing at will on Tampa (just not on Ronde's side of the field).

Colston could have multiple TD's since Ronde will be covering Horn.

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Agreed, it times the Tigers were let free a little bit if you want to use a Pink floyd analogy. And yes I still like the band and the avatar you have RaginCA. Gilmour I think is the king of making strange sounding noises on that Fender of his. He could make it sound so much like another thing in his hands. IMHO, He's the real genuis behind Pink Floyd, he made those sounds that are synomous with the Floyd. But getting back to the thread, its time we let the air attack go a little farther, Drew Brees is the type of guy who could make the passing work and get the win.

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Our problem is that we HAVE been passing and WAY too much. We need to run the ball more to wear down the opposing defense and throw the deep ball more often to back the defense off the line of scrimage.

CoolBrees1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It would be pretty interesting to see what Reggie would do if he were thrust into the fore front and had to carry the bulk of the running game...I would like to see what he would do if he had Karney blocking for him outta the backfield...and they could still do a little Stecker/Bush backfield thingy if needed...Stecker takes Duece's place and Bush could still go to WR...they've done it before..so....let's just hope it doesn't really get down to that...we need Duece.....:9:

st.randy

otis
Reaction score
I was thinking that while watching the baltimore game. I think if nothing else....we saw that the saints could be explosive if they opened it up a little. It doesn't work as well when playing from behind, but imagine the team running a more wide open passing attack from the opening drive. Could be scary for some poor d. I still prefer ball control offense as an extension of a weaker defense.....but it could help to open it up a little while the backs get healthy.

CoolBrees1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Good point St Randy...I too really would love to see the Saints pass the ball more and move down the field....I imagine if Duece were to go out...we may just see that happen...I believe they would have to set up the pass and get others thinking pass first to help open some running room for Reggie...:9:

Saint Dupree

Next
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Our problem is that we HAVE been passing and WAY too much. We need to run the ball more to wear down the opposing defense and throw the deep ball more often to back the defense off the line of scrimage.
i agree but last week the ravens took a huge lead early which got us out of our game. I also agree that we need to see the deep ball a lil earlier in the game to help our run game. As long as we dont take ourselves out of the game early we can win all of our games.(captain obvious sends his regards)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Deuce will play... he's just experiencing the normal soreness that comes with a surgically repaired knee. Kenny W talked to Deuce yesterday, and he said that he was feeling fine... nothing out of the ordinary with the knee... no swelling... just soreness, but he'll be ready to go.

Same with Reggie and Joe Horn... they all will be full go come Sunday. now Jamaal Brown on the other hand... I don't really feel good about Zach Strief going against Rice... but hey... he's gotta learn!

OP
Ragin Caucasian

Ragin Caucasian

Back in Black & Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Simeon Rice has a severly screwed up shoulder, which should hamper him alot.

Anyway, If we come out firing downfield and score, it does take alot of the attention off Reggie to let rim run free.

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This was all fabricated by 1280, I said yesterday on another thread I thought the knee was looking like a problem not the Hami but he is not even on the injury report. He will play he will get 95 yds and 2 TD's in the first half and if we are ahead he will sit and rest the knee.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Word is Simeon Rice is listed as Questionable and probably won't play much if at all the weekend.

So I wouldn't look for him to be much of a factor whether he plays or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
WATCH: CSC’s week in review breaks down Saints’ big win against Tampa Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 14: Saints emerge victorious in week 1 challenge against Tampa Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Pats fans have "mixed feelings" about Tom Terrific in Tampa Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saintsphere The media will bang the drum that Tampa isn't in their final form yet Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
Andrus Tom Brady stifled by New Orleans Saints, dealt loss in Tampa Bay Buccaneers debut SR News Page Articles 0
Saints spoil Tom Brady’s Tampa Bay debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Bucs: Tampa's Mike Evans active, New Orleans' P.J. Williams inactive, see both lists of inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints depth chart: A position-by-position look before their big opener vs. Tampa Bay Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans' Drew Brees, Tampa Bay's Tom Brady provide historic backdrop to regular-season opener SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Saints favored going into week one matchup hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five questions before Week 1: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Bucs stack up in season opener Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with the Enemy: Tampa Bay Buccaneers hope a young and improved secondary give troubles for Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints What would you like to see in the Saints/ Tampa Matchup? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Rob Gronkowski, O.J. Howard listed as starting tight ends in Tampa Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 305
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 45
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 196
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
superchuck500 Morstead turns in another brilliant game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
CowtownSaint This is Still a Game of Emotion Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Big opening win still isn’t what a Saints game in the Dome is supposed to be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Trey Hendrickson; outstanding game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Saint Kamara And that's what the first preseason game looks like Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints 17 Buccaneers 7: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints vs Buccaneers game inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Krodwhodat What game are you looking forward to today other than the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21