If Deuce is a no go for the Tampa game... (1 Viewer)

Ragin Caucasian

Back in Black & Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
it just gives us an excuse to open up the passing game and let it fly.

I think we are capable of passing at will on Tampa (just not on Ronde's side of the field).

Colston could have multiple TD's since Ronde will be covering Horn.

Agreed, it times the Tigers were let free a little bit if you want to use a Pink floyd analogy. And yes I still like the band and the avatar you have RaginCA. Gilmour I think is the king of making strange sounding noises on that Fender of his. He could make it sound so much like another thing in his hands. IMHO, He's the real genuis behind Pink Floyd, he made those sounds that are synomous with the Floyd. But getting back to the thread, its time we let the air attack go a little farther, Drew Brees is the type of guy who could make the passing work and get the win.

Our problem is that we HAVE been passing and WAY too much. We need to run the ball more to wear down the opposing defense and throw the deep ball more often to back the defense off the line of scrimage.

It would be pretty interesting to see what Reggie would do if he were thrust into the fore front and had to carry the bulk of the running game...I would like to see what he would do if he had Karney blocking for him outta the backfield...and they could still do a little Stecker/Bush backfield thingy if needed...Stecker takes Duece's place and Bush could still go to WR...they've done it before..so....let's just hope it doesn't really get down to that...we need Duece.....:9:

I was thinking that while watching the baltimore game. I think if nothing else....we saw that the saints could be explosive if they opened it up a little. It doesn't work as well when playing from behind, but imagine the team running a more wide open passing attack from the opening drive. Could be scary for some poor d. I still prefer ball control offense as an extension of a weaker defense.....but it could help to open it up a little while the backs get healthy.

Good point St Randy...I too really would love to see the Saints pass the ball more and move down the field....I imagine if Duece were to go out...we may just see that happen...I believe they would have to set up the pass and get others thinking pass first to help open some running room for Reggie...:9:

Our problem is that we HAVE been passing and WAY too much. We need to run the ball more to wear down the opposing defense and throw the deep ball more often to back the defense off the line of scrimage.

i agree but last week the ravens took a huge lead early which got us out of our game. I also agree that we need to see the deep ball a lil earlier in the game to help our run game. As long as we dont take ourselves out of the game early we can win all of our games.(captain obvious sends his regards)

Deuce will play... he's just experiencing the normal soreness that comes with a surgically repaired knee. Kenny W talked to Deuce yesterday, and he said that he was feeling fine... nothing out of the ordinary with the knee... no swelling... just soreness, but he'll be ready to go.

Same with Reggie and Joe Horn... they all will be full go come Sunday. now Jamaal Brown on the other hand... I don't really feel good about Zach Strief going against Rice... but hey... he's gotta learn!

Simeon Rice has a severly screwed up shoulder, which should hamper him alot.

Anyway, If we come out firing downfield and score, it does take alot of the attention off Reggie to let rim run free.

This was all fabricated by 1280, I said yesterday on another thread I thought the knee was looking like a problem not the Hami but he is not even on the injury report. He will play he will get 95 yds and 2 TD's in the first half and if we are ahead he will sit and rest the knee.

Word is Simeon Rice is listed as Questionable and probably won't play much if at all the weekend.

So I wouldn't look for him to be much of a factor whether he plays or not.

No chance you can throw on that Tampa secondary, we have to stick to the run to pull this one out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom