If Deuce is healthy and with Reggie back... (1 Viewer)

If Pierre impresses this offseason and shows consistency, i dont think we'll have a feature back at all. We'll have all three getting equal carries. Pierre the "every down" back, Duece in short yardage/pass protection situations, and Reggie as your motion/slasher/slot/change-of-pace back. Why not? They all have they're strengths, and this way Duece has less chance of getting hurt. He'd get about 8-10 carries a game.

That would be sweet. We would be the first team in the league to use a three-headed monster at tailback. We would be trendsetters....me likey :hihi:.

DWD, that's not what I meant. Also, Reggie and Pierre do play the same position. Reggie offers you versatility as there are other things he is capable of doing in your offense. However, at the end of the day, Reggie and Pierre are both RBs. I pretty much agreed with your last sentiment about having plays where both are on the field. But unless the assumption is that you move Reggie to another position, then it is impossible for both he and Thomas to start.

It's all good bro, I'm just a smart-arse, so don't take it personally.

I think if you're just concerned with who's listed as the starter on the depth chart, then you are right, it is impossible for Reggie and PT to both be the starter. However, after the 1st play from scrimmage on offense, the guy listed as the starter on the depth chart doen't matter.

The Saints use a RB rotation, and that will continue, and PT will be a part of it next season... How big a part remains to be seen.

I heard an interview with Bush where he said he would be adding 10 pounds to his legs in the off-season. That sounds like someone trying to become a full-time RB, not more of a reciever. It will be an interesting situation to watch.

DWD, that's not what I meant. Also, Reggie and Pierre do play the same position.

I think being the "starting RB" is not very meaningful in the Saints scheme. Maybe it is for ceremonial or "ranking" purposes that fans seem to need. Realistically, I don't think it means much.

On the Saints 1st possession, we could have 2 or 3 RB's in the backfield. So who is the "starter"? The depth chart is pretty meaningless when the play that's called largely dictates who is on the field. Reggie is very hard to pigeonhole. When Reggie needs a blow, the play book probably shrinks by 20%.

I think Deuce and Pierre are more interchangeable, and could be ranked apples/apples.

I heard an interview with Bush where he said he would be adding 10 pounds to his legs in the off-season. That sounds like someone trying to become a full-time RB, not more of a reciever. It will be an interesting situation to watch.

That extra 10 could be huge indeed. Great info Chi-Town, thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom