If Deuce McAllister were to be released... (1 Viewer)

If we cut him, wouldn't we use more cap room than my keeping him? I think it will benefit both sides by restructuring.

I am sure there are alot of teams that would love to have Deuce BUT, what are they going to be willing to offer him for the role he will play?

I don't think he will get a better deal on the FA market than he will get from the saints in a restructred deal. I think the saints will try to stretch his deal by adding another 4 years to it and minimizing his cap hit.

The problem Deuce will have on the open market is that he has two repaired knees, he will not be 100% productive until the later part of this season at best, he'll be 30 years old next Dec., he is a back who takes and gives a pounding and no longer has break away ability. He has been a classic "3 yards and a cloud of dust" back for the last couple years.

A system he would excel in? Minnesota. Adrian Peterson would take away alot of attention from Deuce. Their O-line is the best in the league. And they have the intensity of blocking until the play is called dead, noone gives up and will follow his back up field.

Minn already have Chester Taylor for that role. Now if they want to trade Chester Taylor for Deuce I would jump all over it but not going to happen.

I actually had a nightmare before Deuce's second knee injury of him being in a Steelers uniform. How strange is that?

Deuce would not be picked up at this point to be a primary running back. So I would think he's probably best suited for New Orleans, whoever drafts Macfadden, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Dallas (after they lose Barber). I believe Deuce is seen as a change of pace back. Nobody will put all their eggs in the Deuce basket at least not until he proves himself again.

nooooooo

I really really really want Deuce to restructure and retire as a Saint

really really

oh well

I would say Philly, since he ran over their defense in the playoffs. they are surely impressed with him, and he would be a great complement to Westbrook.

Minn already have Chester Taylor for that role. Now if they want to trade Chester Taylor for Deuce I would jump all over it but not going to happen.

Not that Minn. would want to trade Taylor for Deuce, but Taylor will be traded. He went to Minn. to start and when Peterson starting taking majority of the reps, it was reported during a game that the sides have been discussing a trade and they said Minn. would accomadate him. Te report I heard on TV could be wrong though.....:dunno:

BTW, I would love to have Taylor, but Minn would ask for more than just Deuce.......at least I would.

I could see the Steelers picking him up to complement Willie Parker, in that Bettis-type role. Not sure what the status of Najeh Davenport's contract is though.

I could see the Steelers picking him up to complement Willie Parker, in that Bettis-type role. Not sure what the status of Najeh Davenport's contract is though.

I don't think Deuce wants to be the "bruiser" back for any team. That punishment is why Bettis is not playing anymore.

Aren't we just stuck with Deuce for right now? First let me say, He is a freaking soldier that I love watching play.

But the truth is, we couldn't trade him with that contract and the two questionable knees if we wanted to. His contract is so big that if we cut him, we are taking a big hit, for a very long time (Deuce is scheduled to be under contract through 2012).

It's clear that the only choice we have will be to restructure his contract in to a Ricky Williams type one, You play and We Pay.

Denver. Pittsburgh. Colts. Packers.

"If Deuce were to be released, what team would he go to?"

This sounds like my GF asking if she died which one of her friends would I get with.
Answer: there is no correct answer. Avoid the topic at all costs. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom