If Deuce McAllister were to be released... (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
...what other team do you think he would have the best chance at success with? I'd absolutely hate to see him go and wear another uniform, but that's a real possibility. With Deuce's skill set and style, what other NFL team could he really help out at this point in his career?

Denver, Pittsburgh, Philly?

I think the Patriots would jump on Deuce like a fat chick on french fries. It would suck to see that happen but it would be great for Deuces' career possibly getting him a superbowl ring.

I think the Patriots would jump on Deuce like a fat chick on french fries. It would suck to see that happen but it would be great for Deuces' career possibly getting him a superbowl ring.

Really? The Pats seem pretty set at RB, and the guys they have are perfect for their system. I think Deuce could do well there, but I wouldn't have thought they'd look at him.

I could see Philly making a move on him, and using him as the hammer to compliment Westbrook.

Just my opinion but it wouldn't be the first time the Patriots have grabbed a good player at a position that they were set at. I think that there are plenty of teams that could use his power-running. I don't think he would go to a team in the NFCS. Philly would probably be the best suitor or maybe Indy. I personally believe that Deuce will restructure and stay.

If he is released, some team that has serious RB problems will overpay for him in the FA market. He carries that kind of clought and someone will overlook his injury problems.

I could see him fit in with a team that uses a Runningback in goaline situations like the Giants or I could see him going to the Eagles.Actually I could see him being picked up by half the teams in the league.Problem is that he is no longer a feature back in this league and the chances of him staying healthy all year a few and far between.I really don't even understand how Deuce injured himself this year?............There wasn't even any contact this time was there.

"Problem is that he is no longer a feature back in this league and the chances of him staying healthy all year a few and far between."

Exactly, that's why I think Deuce will restructure and stay. I just don't think it would benefit him that much to relocate just to make probably less than what we would pay him after restructuring. Deuce will not go to Atlanta, and if he does, I will try not to forget that he was a Saint like I did with Horn, Hebert, etc.

A system he would excel in? Minnesota. Adrian Peterson would take away alot of attention from Deuce. Their O-line is the best in the league. And they have the intensity of blocking until the play is called dead, noone gives up and will follow his back up field.

He will get as much money (if not more) on a restructured contract with the Saints then he will on the open market -- not too many running backs with 2 knee operations (1 on each knee) at his age and are a sought after commodity. Especially when you factor in all of the other runningbacks that the Packers and the Giants have coming off the injury list

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom