IF Dorsey is on the board at 10 (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Do we draft him?
We all know the battles are won/lost in the trenches, and as I stated in a thread earlier, we need ends/tackles that can completely wreak havok on an defensive line and disrupt the QB's train of thorught, crumble the pocket, not give him time to read, nothing. If we did that and upgraded to even a decent man coverage corner then he'd look like Champ Bailey in his prime if the QB only had 2 seconds to make a read and throw the ball.
It all starts with the D-Line but with all our other needs with may fall in comparison to the D-Line I doubt we'll upgrade it at all.

I'm in no way a LSU homer, so don't accuse me of that for wanting talent, heck, I don't even like LSU :hihi:

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Dorsey is on the board at #10 then it's almost certainly due to some unforeseen injury risk.

On one hand, I regret we passed on Alan Branch last year when he slipped to injury concerns.

On the other hand we took Meachem despite injury concerns and he ended up redshirting for a season and it nearly killed our fan base.

So we'll have to see.

OP
OP
d3vanj

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
^True, I doubt Parcells would pass up on talent like Dorsey, and MIA has many holes to fill but a run-stuffing DT is defenitely one of them.

If Dorsey doesn't fall, who would be the best end/DT available?
Lawrence Jackson/Sedrick Ellis?

REALCHRISM

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know if I can see him falling to #10, but I can see Dorsey sliding some. There has already been scuttlebutt on this very subject of Dorsey falling due to injury concerns. He was injured toward the end of his junior campaign and then came back for what was somewhat injury-riddled senior season. The key thing is he played through the injuries but Todd McShay and others have suggested that teams might not want to invest so much money in a guy who has injury concerns. So, you never know. I think if he gets past the first three or four picks, he could last to very well the ninth or tenth pick in the draft.

Pookie

WHAT
Reaction score
^True, I doubt Parcells would pass up on talent like Dorsey, and MIA has many holes to fill but a run-stuffing DT is defenitely one of them.

If Dorsey doesn't fall, who would be the best end/DT available?
Lawrence Jackson/Sedrick Ellis?
Ellis and I think he goes to the Bengals at 9.

Dave

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know if I can see him falling to #10, but I can see Dorsey sliding some. There has already been scuttlebutt on this very subject of Dorsey falling due to injury concerns. He was injured toward the end of his junior campaign and then came back for what was somewhat injury-riddled senior season. The key thing is he played through the injuries but Todd McShay and others have suggested that teams might not want to invest so much money in a guy who has injury concerns. So, you never know. I think if he gets past the first three or four picks, he could last to very well the ninth or tenth pick in the draft.
I don't know about injuries he might have had his junior season. I did a search for it and I can't find anything. Can you point out a link or article for me. I'm not saying he didn't have any, but I can't find anything that talks about it.

How can someone who sustains a knee injury due to an illegal chop block to the knee be considered to have injury concerns?

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do we draft him?
We all know the battles are won/lost in the trenches, and as I stated in a thread earlier, we need ends/tackles that can completely wreak havok on an defensive line and disrupt the QB's train of thorught, crumble the pocket, not give him time to read, nothing. If we did that and upgraded to even a decent man coverage corner then he'd look like Champ Bailey in his prime if the QB only had 2 seconds to make a read and throw the ball.
It all starts with the D-Line but with all our other needs with may fall in comparison to the D-Line I doubt we'll upgrade it at all.

I'm in no way a LSU homer, so don't accuse me of that for wanting talent, heck, I don't even like LSU :hihi:

umm... this is almost like saying if Joe Montana is available at 10 do we take him... i mean seriously, anyone who knows anything about football knows that Dorsey will be a top 5 pick if not a top 2 pick!!!

xardoz

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
umm... this is almost like saying if Joe Montana is available at 10 do we take him... i mean seriously, anyone who knows anything about football knows that Dorsey will be a top 5 pick if not a top 2 pick!!!
Uhhh... Joe Montana slipped to the 3rd round dude.

OP
OP
d3vanj

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round.

bop

Very Banned
Reaction score
Ummmmm, Joe Montana was available at 10. Nobody took him. :hihi:

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
It really is a no-brainer, but it is also never happening.
He could possibly fall a bit though. (Kansas City, Atlanta, and Oakland are I believe all at a tie for third, so I'm just going by the way they are listed in mock drafts)
Miami, has a lot of needs on the defensive line, especially if Jason Taylor wants out. If Taylor gets the trade he wants they could take Chris Long.
Then St. Louis is going to have to choose between Dorsey, Jake Long and McFadden, because they desperately wanted Chris, but also have a bad offensive line as of late. They could go with Long.
Then Atlanta may be stupid and take a QB, Matt Ryan.
Oakland goes BPA with McFadden.
Thats as far as I see possible for him to fall, without some major injury or absolutely horrible combine with, like 1 bench press, and an 8 second 40.

If he did fall to Kansas City at 5, theoretically a trade is possible and worth it.
Kansas City gets: Round 1, Pick 10 - 1300 points; Round 2, Pick 10 - 480 points

New Orleans gets: Round 1, Pick 5 - 1700 points; Round 5, Pick 5 - 39 points.

If we got Dorsey it would be absolutely amazing, but for 4 teams to be idiotic and pass on him is highly doubtful, never mind 9.
We would also give up our 2nd rounder, which is crucial as we could be getting another defensive starter, possibly even Texas DT Frank Okam, with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FL_Saint Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 49
Optimus Prime Everything Else Board 4
gboudx Collegiate Sports Board 8

Headlines

Top Bottom