IF Dorsey is on the board at 10 (1 Viewer)

good post. still its about the player this year, not the players that were drafted before. dorsey or ellis would be game changers. if one is there, awesome. if not, there are some linebackers, a safety, and a few corners that can be great ones too.

Of course it's about players this year. I was directly responding to the post about first-round DTs being risks and then listed the Ryan Leafs of DT. There have been many top-notch DTs to come out of the first round.

nope defensive tackles in the first round are too much of a risk...(ryan sims, jonathon sullivan)

Exactly what 1st round player isn't a risk?

DT is one of the more sure bet positions you can take in the 1st because of the nature of the position. Sullivan wasn't a talent problem or a bust in the traditional sense. He had mental problems and never even tryed to excel.

How about this scenario: If Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor and John Randall all jump in a time machine to where they're all 18 years old, and they all last to pick #10...Do you then split our #10 pick into four picks with a chainsaw and draft all four players? Or do you redraft Fred Booker?

No because 18 year olds are too young and are ineligible to come out in the draft. :hihi:

I would take him--but if Ellis is there hmmm...I would try to trade down and maybe get Ellis?

I would take him--but if Ellis is there hmmm...I would try to trade down and maybe get Ellis?

If both Dorsey and Ellis are there, I take whoever I have higher-rated, unless whoever is at #11 offers a deal. I hate trading down when there's a special player (or players) on the board because it seems we miss out more than we get who we want..

I would only trade down if I would definitely get Ellis or Dorsey

not goint to happen
name one of the nine teams picking before us that would not be able to use his talent?

Do we draft him?
We all know the battles are won/lost in the trenches, and as I stated in a thread earlier, we need ends/tackles that can completely wreak havok on an defensive line and disrupt the QB's train of thorught, crumble the pocket, not give him time to read, nothing. If we did that and upgraded to even a decent man coverage corner then he'd look like Champ Bailey in his prime if the QB only had 2 seconds to make a read and throw the ball.
It all starts with the D-Line but with all our other needs with may fall in comparison to the D-Line I doubt we'll upgrade it at all.

I'm in no way a LSU homer, so don't accuse me of that for wanting talent, heck, I don't even like LSU :hihi:

WHAT?!?!? Are you kidding? HECK YES. As a matter of fact, the Saints should consider trading up to get him if he doesn't go number one or two! Could he slide, yes. No way he sides down to #10. He'll be gone before the fifth pick for sure. Watch how many teams try to trade up to get him if the Dolphins somehow don 't deem him worthy. Remember, Parcells is running that show now and he believes in defense!

Last edited:
Everybody thought Matt Leinert and Brady Quinn were getting draft really high, too........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom