IF Dorsey is on the board at 10 (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Do we draft him?
We all know the battles are won/lost in the trenches, and as I stated in a thread earlier, we need ends/tackles that can completely wreak havok on an defensive line and disrupt the QB's train of thorught, crumble the pocket, not give him time to read, nothing. If we did that and upgraded to even a decent man coverage corner then he'd look like Champ Bailey in his prime if the QB only had 2 seconds to make a read and throw the ball.
It all starts with the D-Line but with all our other needs with may fall in comparison to the D-Line I doubt we'll upgrade it at all.

I'm in no way a LSU homer, so don't accuse me of that for wanting talent, heck, I don't even like LSU :hihi:

Of course, but he won't be there at #10.

If Dorsey is on the board at #10 then it's almost certainly due to some unforeseen injury risk.

On one hand, I regret we passed on Alan Branch last year when he slipped to injury concerns.

On the other hand we took Meachem despite injury concerns and he ended up redshirting for a season and it nearly killed our fan base.

So we'll have to see.

^True, I doubt Parcells would pass up on talent like Dorsey, and MIA has many holes to fill but a run-stuffing DT is defenitely one of them.

If Dorsey doesn't fall, who would be the best end/DT available?
Lawrence Jackson/Sedrick Ellis?

I don't know if I can see him falling to #10, but I can see Dorsey sliding some. There has already been scuttlebutt on this very subject of Dorsey falling due to injury concerns. He was injured toward the end of his junior campaign and then came back for what was somewhat injury-riddled senior season. The key thing is he played through the injuries but Todd McShay and others have suggested that teams might not want to invest so much money in a guy who has injury concerns. So, you never know. I think if he gets past the first three or four picks, he could last to very well the ninth or tenth pick in the draft.

^True, I doubt Parcells would pass up on talent like Dorsey, and MIA has many holes to fill but a run-stuffing DT is defenitely one of them.

If Dorsey doesn't fall, who would be the best end/DT available?
Lawrence Jackson/Sedrick Ellis?

Ellis and I think he goes to the Bengals at 9.

I don't know if I can see him falling to #10, but I can see Dorsey sliding some. There has already been scuttlebutt on this very subject of Dorsey falling due to injury concerns. He was injured toward the end of his junior campaign and then came back for what was somewhat injury-riddled senior season. The key thing is he played through the injuries but Todd McShay and others have suggested that teams might not want to invest so much money in a guy who has injury concerns. So, you never know. I think if he gets past the first three or four picks, he could last to very well the ninth or tenth pick in the draft.
I don't know about injuries he might have had his junior season. I did a search for it and I can't find anything. Can you point out a link or article for me. I'm not saying he didn't have any, but I can't find anything that talks about it.

How can someone who sustains a knee injury due to an illegal chop block to the knee be considered to have injury concerns?

Do we draft him?
We all know the battles are won/lost in the trenches, and as I stated in a thread earlier, we need ends/tackles that can completely wreak havok on an defensive line and disrupt the QB's train of thorught, crumble the pocket, not give him time to read, nothing. If we did that and upgraded to even a decent man coverage corner then he'd look like Champ Bailey in his prime if the QB only had 2 seconds to make a read and throw the ball.
It all starts with the D-Line but with all our other needs with may fall in comparison to the D-Line I doubt we'll upgrade it at all.

I'm in no way a LSU homer, so don't accuse me of that for wanting talent, heck, I don't even like LSU :hihi:

umm... this is almost like saying if Joe Montana is available at 10 do we take him... i mean seriously, anyone who knows anything about football knows that Dorsey will be a top 5 pick if not a top 2 pick!!!

umm... this is almost like saying if Joe Montana is available at 10 do we take him... i mean seriously, anyone who knows anything about football knows that Dorsey will be a top 5 pick if not a top 2 pick!!!

Uhhh... Joe Montana slipped to the 3rd round dude.

Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round.

Ummmmm, Joe Montana was available at 10. Nobody took him. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom