IF Dorsey is on the board at 10 (1 Viewer)

It really is a no-brainer, but it is also never happening.
He could possibly fall a bit though. (Kansas City, Atlanta, and Oakland are I believe all at a tie for third, so I'm just going by the way they are listed in mock drafts)
Miami, has a lot of needs on the defensive line, especially if Jason Taylor wants out. If Taylor gets the trade he wants they could take Chris Long.
Then St. Louis is going to have to choose between Dorsey, Jake Long and McFadden, because they desperately wanted Chris, but also have a bad offensive line as of late. They could go with Long.
Then Atlanta may be stupid and take a QB, Matt Ryan.
Oakland goes BPA with McFadden.
Thats as far as I see possible for him to fall, without some major injury or absolutely horrible combine with, like 1 bench press, and an 8 second 40.

If he did fall to Kansas City at 5, theoretically a trade is possible and worth it.
Kansas City gets: Round 1, Pick 10 - 1300 points; Round 2, Pick 10 - 480 points

New Orleans gets: Round 1, Pick 5 - 1700 points; Round 5, Pick 5 - 39 points.

If we got Dorsey it would be absolutely amazing, but for 4 teams to be idiotic and pass on him is highly doubtful, never mind 9.
We would also give up our 2nd rounder, which is crucial as we could be getting another defensive starter, possibly even Texas DT Frank Okam, with that.

I think you guys know what he meant with the Montana reference. I believe he was saying that with us knowing how good Montana has been. We all know who Montana is now, but I bet not nearly as many did when he was drafted.

i wouldnt want to trade up for him, but you have to take him if he's there. honestly i'd be just as happy with ellis, phillips, or laurenitis. i just hope one of them falls to us. maybe we'll get lucky and all of the highly rated offensive players will get drafted 1-9. that way payton isn't tempted, and we'll have our pick of defensive talent.

That is the reason Branch slipped Rich Jr but Dorsey and Branch in the same sentence is heinous.

Dorsey is in a league of his own and took games over, Branch played well in certain games but didn't dominate the way Dorsey has. If Dorsey slips the Saints would be fools not to go up and get him if possible. He is too good a talent not to be in the first three picks but crazier things have happened on draft day.

Miami is in such deep trouble i would not be surprised if Parcells traded to the middle of the first round to get more picks....he could end up with 5-6 picks in the top 100 in a deep defensive draft....if Dorsey is available after
the first pick i would be very surprised.....jmho....

How about this scenario: If Ronnie Lott, Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor and John Randall all jump in a time machine to where they're all 18 years old, and they all last to pick #10...Do you then split our #10 pick into four picks with a chainsaw and draft all four players? Or do you redraft Fred Booker?

The Saints should trade all of their draft picks to move up and draft Dorsey. Dorsey can eat and eat until he becomes the hamburglar part deux. Then the Saints with the resigning of Will Smith will become the hundred million dollar d-line club that can't get a sack unless its filled with potatoes.

The Saints should trade all of their draft picks to move up and draft Dorsey. Dorsey can eat and eat until he becomes the hamburglar part deux. Then the Saints with the resigning of Will Smith will become the hundred million dollar d-line club that can't get a sack unless its filled with potatoes.
You fail at sarcasm.

nope defensive tackles in the first round are too much of a risk...(ryan sims, jonathon sullivan)

nope defensive tackles in the first round are too much of a risk...(ryan sims, jonathon sullivan)

Amobi Okoye, Haloti Ngata, Tommie Harris, Marcus Tubbs, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, Richard Seymour, Marcus Stroud, Corey Simon, Chris Hovan, Anthony McFarland, Renaldo Wynn, Trevor Pryce, Warren Sapp, Dan Wilkinson, Sean Gilbert, and Cortez Kennedy have all been taken in the 1st round since 1990 and all have had a few good seasons and many have had excellent seasons. And some of the older guys are still playing (or were, in Sapp's case).

Last edited:
Amobi Okoye, Haloti Ngata, Tommie Harris, Marcus Tubbs, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, Richard Seymour, Marcus Stroud, Corey Simon, Chris Hovan, Anthony McFarland, Renaldo Wynn, Trevor Pryce, Warren Sapp, Dan Wilkinson, Sean Gilbert, and Cortez Kennedy have all been taken in the 1st round since 1990 and all have had a few good seasons and many have had excellent seasons. And some of the older guys are still playing (or were, in Sapp's case).

good post. still its about the player this year, not the players that were drafted before. dorsey or ellis would be game changers. if one is there, awesome. if not, there are some linebackers, a safety, and a few corners that can be great ones too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom