if Drew gets a ring this year (1 Viewer)

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
will he be consider better than peyton manning?

No one will be considered better than Peyton. No matter who wins what.

Here's another one to think about.....what if Drew breaks Dan Marino's single season passing yardage record....would he be considered better than P. Manning...?

Depends on which ring we are talking about. Is he getting married???

Too early to talk play offs until we have 10 wins!

(if Drew gets a ring this year) will he be consider better than peyton manning?

Hmmm... :scratch: Peyton might think so. ;)

If we win the Super Bowl this year with our defense, I'll buy it for him!!!

Our Defense isn't as bad as some of you guys think. 17th overall is not that bad. I wish it were a little better, but I think it is good enough with the way our Offense is playing. The Defense makes the stops when we need them to, which is a big plus. What is killing us is we are 28th the in turnover ratio. When that is the case, our slightly above average Defense can't hold the other teams off.

Exactly. Manning could go 1 of 18 for 8 yards with 0 TDs and 4 Ints in his 1st playoff game and it would be all the offensive line's fault. Brees could lift a 3-13 team to the superbowl and he'd still be viewed by some as a system quarterback and not quite in Manning's league

Manning is immune from post season criticsim. I mean it doesn't matter that time of year, it's all about who has the best October

Brees plays for the Saints. He's better in my eyes and that's all that matters.

I agree.

Peyton plays the QB position at a level that no one else does (ever). It may not translate to the most yards, or the most rings (yet)- but anyone who knows what Peyton does and how he does it would be very unlikely to agree that Brees is better. Brees is great. But he doesn't play the position at the level that Peyton does.

Its like last week when Addai had over 170 yards and 4 tds. Peyton makes most of those calls at the line. Even in the running game, Peyton engineers success.

I agree.

Peyton plays the QB position at a level that no one else does (ever). It may not translate to the most yards, or the most rings (yet)- but anyone who knows what Peyton does and how he does it would be very unlikely to agree that Brees is better. Brees is great. But he doesn't play the position at the level that Peyton does.

Its like last week when Addai had over 170 yards and 4 tds. Peyton makes most of those calls at the line. Even in the running game, Peyton engineers success.

While this is , for the most part, true and I agree that Peyton is perhaps the most football smart QB in the game. Remember though, during his FOUR SuperBowl WINS, Terry Bradshaw ( never known as a Mensa Member-In-Waitng) called the entire game! So, don't get so overwhelmed with what Peyton is capable of doing. Yet, when it comes to audibles and being able to recognize and then restructure plays at the line of scrimmage, Drew Brees is no slouch, although how much he actually takes on his shoulders is sort of unknown to me. I think he takes some liberties departing from the call from the sidelines and has no fear when it comes to making those changes. He seems to have a great deal of confidence in himself and his team-mates. Not like the falcons, when the SAINTS have a problem with their WR's and hanging on to the ball, it seems like there is no hesitation going right back to that player to rebuild their confidence and put the drop behind them. See Copper's drops and fumbles, Reggie's fumbles, Devery's drops and so on............ THIS is huge! Especially when you look at the falcon's players after each and every drop, they all hung their heads or made it obvious that displeasure was more about the players than just the luck of how "drops will happen!" and you need to move on and make up for it next play!

This difference is significant and one reason for the SAINTS' success thus far this season under Payton's leadership.

So, IF Drew gets a SUPERBOWL Ring this season, I believe he will still not get the recognition he deserves , but that's me and I'm a SAINTS Homer who feels we should get tons of credit, especially this season with so much adversity hanging over their heads and so much change in the Coaching and the personnel roster.

I agree.

So what happens in the playoffs when the Patriots, Steelers or any decently run 3-4 defense go up against him? 3 points total a couple of years ago at Foxboro. Amazing calls at the line of scrimmage. I mean an 18 yard pass the longest of the day which should have been overruled when Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne are your WRs and a 1st round pick TE.

Oh and can I also point out in Manning's amazing performance where he put up 3 points against the Patriots in the post season that Randall Gay started at corner and Troy Brown was the nickle back. Now as versatile as Brown is, he went one on one against Brandon Stokley who had a 1000+ yard 10 TD season and still Manning's longest completion was 18 yards (should not have stood). If this guy plays the position at a level that no one else does do you not think he should be completing more than a longest 18 yarder and leading his team into range for a mere 3 points when playing against Randall Gay and Troy Brown?!

Case closed suit case filled with clothes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom