if Drew gets a ring this year (1 Viewer)

With that logic, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson are all better than Manning

Oh and can I also point out in Manning's amazing performance where he put up 3 points against the Patriots in the post season that Randall Gay started at corner and Troy Brown was the nickle back. Now as versatile as Brown is, he went one on one against Brandon Stokley who had a 1000+ yard 10 TD season and still Manning's longest completion was 18 yards (should not have stood). If this guy plays the position at a level that no one else does do you not think he should be completing more than a longest 18 yarder and leading his team into range for a mere 3 points when playing against Randall Gay and Troy Brown?!

Case closed suit case filled with clothes

For someone who know so much about that game failed to mention the weather, which had a huge impact on the game. Manning is 2nd best ever only to Marino in the category of QB

Our Defense isn't as bad as some of you guys think. 17th overall is not that bad. I wish it were a little better, but I think it is good enough with the way our Offense is playing. The Defense makes the stops when we need them to, which is a big plus. What is killing us is we are 28th the in turnover ratio. When that is the case, our slightly above average Defense can't hold the other teams off.

You're correct, jackers. Our turnover ratio is killing us, but don't discount the fact that our D is contributing to the losses. I'm going to back peddle for a minute to say, if we minimize or eliminate the turnovers in the 4 games we've lost, then all 4 of those games are winnable.

But it goes a little deeper than that. Here's what our 17th ranked D (and more importantly 29th ranked D against the run) has led to.

Interesting fact: Our D is also 29th in allowing third downs by rushing. Is that a mistake? No, it's actually a by product of the illness because it means teams have been successful moving the chains against our D running the ball.

Even more interesting, our passing D has given up 20 TDs, while our running D has only given up 8. Translated? Teams are more successful against our run D between the 20's than in the red zone.

The answer? Our D HAS to produce more 3 and outs, especially this time of the season. It's not complicated to diagnose the problem. Getting it corrected is the challenge.

The good news is, it's a correctable problem, and I suspect that Sean & company are already addressing it. You saw a glimpse of it last week against Dunn.

We won't face another Vick, so throw out his 166 last week, and our run stopping game against RBs did show improvement.

Let's see what happens in the next two weeks against Gore, and then Jones and Barber in Dallas, and we'll know if the problem's well on the way to being corrected.

Dunn usually eats our lunch. We held him check big time this week.

I agree.

Peyton plays the QB position at a level that no one else does (ever). It may not translate to the most yards, or the most rings (yet)- but anyone who knows what Peyton does and how he does it would be very unlikely to agree that Brees is better. Brees is great. But he doesn't play the position at the level that Peyton does.

Its like last week when Addai had over 170 yards and 4 tds. Peyton makes most of those calls at the line. Even in the running game, Peyton engineers success.

Alot of folks said that Marino was a better QB than Montana, but Montana's got the rings. A lot of folks say Peyton is better than Brady, but Brady's got the rings...

I'm sure if Drew got a couple of rings, he could care less who he is, or isn't compared to...

Alot of folks said that Marino was a better QB than Montana, but Montana's got the rings. A lot of folks say Peyton is better than Brady, but Brady's got the rings...

I'm sure if Drew got a couple of rings, he could care less who he is, or isn't compared to...

I totally agree with that. But there is a difference between who is better and who has rings. Otherwise, Kevin Faulk is one of the best running backs playing the game.

But I don't really think Drew cares if he's considered better than Peyton anyway. And you're right, if had a ring (or even two like you said) he'd be more than thrilled with the success of his career.

will he be consider better than peyton manning?

Yes he will. So far as i'm concerned. It'll be

1-Brady
2-Brees
3-Manning
4-McNabb
5-Carson Palmer (?) No clear #5

Winning is the point of it. Brady has been the significant cog in 3 Super Bowls. If the Saints won it will be in large part due to Brees. And even though the Manning choking angle is overrated, fact is, he hasn't done it (nor has McNabb).

I totally agree with that. But there is a difference between who is better and who has rings. Otherwise, Kevin Faulk is one of the best running backs playing the game.

But I don't really think Drew cares if he's considered better than Peyton anyway. And you're right, if had a ring (or even two like you said) he'd be more than thrilled with the success of his career.

Slight difference between Kevin F and Brady. Kevin's been a good role player in those 3 Pat championships. Brady's been the "engine" in those 3 championships.

I am not sure how sarcasm can even be the excuse. Now had it been something to do with the same sport, it might have been kind of funny.

Good try though. (Now thats sarcasm)

Your obviously didn't get his joke. He said october eluding that Manning is great at winning games that don't matter IN OCTOBER, while he stinks it up in the playoffs.

His comment was never about baseball.

Slight difference between Kevin F and Brady. Kevin's been a good role player in those 3 Pat championships. Brady's been the "engine" in those 3 championships.

Yes, that's correct. I was just illustrating the point that rings aren't always the determing factor, like- Is Trent Difler better than Archie Manning?

But you're right about Brady.

Yes, that's correct. I was just illustrating the point that rings aren't always the determing factor, like- Is Trent Difler better than Archie Manning?

But you're right about Brady.

The difference in a Brady and a Dilfer is Brady actually puts up huge numbers like manning (peyton not archie) AND he wins.

You know, I think Payton Manning is a great QB. So is Drew. Payton has never won a SB. My question is that if It takes winning a SB to be a great QB, then why does everyone gush about Donovan McNabb, Dan Marino, etc.?
Just Curious. Michael Jordan was in the league 7 years and hadn't won a Championship (in a league where one player can make MUCH more of an impact). John Elaway wasn't seen as the guy who choked in the big game, yet he was in the league for about 30 years before he won his first SB. I just love how some people become targets in a game where ti takes a TEAM to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom