If Drew leaves, are we still a "Win now" franchise, or rebuilding mode? (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I guess I figured we would be in rebuild mode with the salary cap issues, but what do you guys think?

We aren’t going to ever admit to a rebuild. But I think we’ll be fighting for a wildcard.

I think the fear is if people say we're going to win after Drew then it's the same as saying Drew wasn't the difference maker. I don't think that at all. I think it's more of coach doing what he does to put people in a position to succeed. For arguments sake let's say Winston is our guy. He threw for 5000 yards his last year at tampa. He has the arm talent. I have faith that coach can set up our offense to put him in the best position to win. Who knows really? That's why next season will be an exciting one and win or lose we're going to learn some things.

The team has too much talent to rebuild. Other then Armistead the OL is young and talented. I expect an OT early in the draft. The DL is young and talented other then Cam. The secondary is young, expecting a safety and CB in the draft. LB is a huge need, young talented player to pair with Davis, who probably has two more solid years. A FA running back to inherit Murray’s position as the backup but Murray is “low mileage” and can contribute for a couple more years. I expect Trautman to be a major contributor at TE. Josh Hill is capable but has a history of concussions. TE later in the draft or via FA? WR, I like the younger receivers but is Payton happy with their progress and development?
Overall, the team is relatively young and talented.

Win now. Drew potentially retiring didn't sneak up on the FO. They've been planning for this for years. The foundation is built to always be in competition to go far in the playoffs and with some luck win a championship.

Most definitely still in the win now mode! We have a very talented and deep roster so losing a few folks won't cause it to collapse if we have a solid QB.

Win now!!!

We have way to much talent on this team to be in a rebuild.

We need a QB and a LB to be fighting the Bucs for the NFC South next season.

Everyone tries to win, but considering how much we loaded up for Drew's final run and considering how much cap we have to shave off, I'm thinking 'rebuild', but that doesn't mean we won't still be a contender...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom