If Drew stays, do you think Sean Payton has to change his offensive strategy? (1 Viewer)

Offense needs the deep ball back in the game, not just the manufactured counter play (that still hits 99% of the time) but the one where Devery just flat out beat his guy deep and Drew took a shot or when Kenny Stills did it or Brandon Cooks.

naysayers will say if he would have thrown it 5 yards farther galladay would have scored lol. Pretty sure Drew and I are on the same page where i would rather complete a 40yard pass vs trying to to throw it further in hope of not overthrowing reciever.
You are absolutely correct. I’m beginning t think that some people haven’t been watching CSP’s offense since 2006. Most of his passing routes are under 30 yards and are back shoulder throws. He mixes in the occasional long ball but that’s the exception.

In my heart I think Drew will not try to break the bank with a contract that also hinders the team’s ability to pay key players. I also think if Coach, Mickey, and Jeff see a QB they really like in the draft that we stand a chance of getting Teddy’s gone.

I agree with you on your statement. When I said Brees is handicapping the offense I got called stupid and other words. He is still accurate in the short and intermediate passes but past 35-40 yards. This does not mean I hate Brees or dont appreciate what he does or has done. Some of the experts even say that Brees cannot make a wide receiver like he used to be able to do. We have never had a devastating one two punch at wide receiver but better than what we have now. Brees is one of the top quarterbacks ever and definitely the best the Saints have had . He is just facing some limitations of being a forty- one year old man.
Maybe you should go look at the 59yd pass completion he threw in the pro bowl 40+ yrs in the air hit the WR right in stride

Went 13-3 and broke the record for least amount of turnovers ever. Yeah, let’s throw the playbook away and come up with something different.
I would add a few running plays though. But I say that annually.

Went 13-3 and broke the record for least amount of turnovers ever. Yeah, let’s throw the playbook away and come up with something different.
I would add a few running plays though. But I say that annually.

No one is saying throw the playbook away, just run more to preserve and protect Drew. Drew is and should be the leader of this team. But again, if he stays, to protect Drew and keep him upright and not pressured, run more. By run first, pass 2nd, you would open up more passing lanes and the passing game would be that much more effective. Drew is by far the most accurate QB in the NFL. So why wouldn't you want to do what you could to keep him around as long as possible.

I fully expect SP to go to a more run heavy offense....Our offensive line is one of the best run-blocking lines in the NFL, that was really illustrated when Teddy was playing...we need to play to our strengths better offensively....if SP does not do this I will be disappointed....

What do you do when they lineup 2 DE's (undersized) in the interior? You run right at them....

It went 34 yards in the air

Let's do these debates honestly.
Ok , 38 yrs , let the ball go inside the 20 ball caught at opposing 42 and in stride , and it's much better to NOT overthrow your WR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom