If Duece isn't 100% next season... (1 Viewer)

If Deuce decides to end his playing career, i hope they hire him as an RB coach for a couple of years...PT and Reggie can both gain by his experience.....

"Shivers at the thought of losing Deuce"..

"Quivers at the thought of Deuce being picked up by a team, healing up and running over us to get to his first Superbowl"...

why does Reggie's role as a runningback have to be deminshed? how exactly do you improve a player by giving him less work, or making him one demensional? Reggie Bush is the starting runningback on this team, we spent the 2nd overall pick on this guy, just because he isnt ready to carry the load of a run game doesnt mean he shouldnt be given the opportunity?

Granted, Pierre is a good back and I think we got a gem in him, but he's insurance for Duece not Reggie, to get the best out of Reggie Bush he has to be used as a runner/reciever out of the backfield, he is a matchup problems for Linebackers, not so much split out wide, Reggie Bush is not a wide reciever, he is a runningback with "recieving" ability, I think i'm more frustrated that in only his 2nd year people on this board have already decided he cant do it, which is strange to me, because its not like he hasnt had good running games, so why are people acting like were trying to make Peter Warrick a runningback and with a back like Thomas, the things we are crying about Reggie Bush needing to do more consistently, we have that in Thomas, it shouldnt mean switch Bush's position, it means Bush doesnt have to be relegated to the backfield, defenses have to keep an eye out for where he is and while doing so, Thomas can get his touches and make his impact.

Dont get it twisted, if Bush is struggling in the run game, feed Thomas the ball more by all means (you can be a fan of both) I like Thomas, he is a Marques Colston type player, hard worker that came in with very little fan fare, and proved his worth, you cant deny him...he wont be denied. but I dont think you have to show your support for Thomas by giving up on Bush, we want everybody to succeed, I got love for both and cant wait to see Thomas get significant touches next year and I cant wait to see if Bush has improved.

:9:Damn! you took the words right off my fingers. I feel the exact same way I'm tired of hearing people saying move Reggie to WR. Yes, Reggie is a runningback first people.

why does Reggie's role as a runningback have to be deminshed? how exactly do you improve a player by giving him less work, or making him one demensional? Reggie Bush is the starting runningback on this team, we spent the 2nd overall pick on this guy, just because he isnt ready to carry the load of a run game doesnt mean he shouldnt be given the opportunity?

Granted, Pierre is a good back and I think we got a gem in him, but he's insurance for Duece not Reggie, to get the best out of Reggie Bush he has to be used as a runner/reciever out of the backfield, he is a matchup problems for Linebackers, not so much split out wide, Reggie Bush is not a wide reciever, he is a runningback with "recieving" ability, I think i'm more frustrated that in only his 2nd year people on this board have already decided he cant do it, which is strange to me, because its not like he hasnt had good running games, so why are people acting like were trying to make Peter Warrick a runningback and with a back like Thomas, the things we are crying about Reggie Bush needing to do more consistently, we have that in Thomas, it shouldnt mean switch Bush's position, it means Bush doesnt have to be relegated to the backfield, defenses have to keep an eye out for where he is and while doing so, Thomas can get his touches and make his impact.

Dont get it twisted, if Bush is struggling in the run game, feed Thomas the ball more by all means (you can be a fan of both) I like Thomas, he is a Marques Colston type player, hard worker that came in with very little fan fare, and proved his worth, you cant deny him...he wont be denied. but I dont think you have to show your support for Thomas by giving up on Bush, we want everybody to succeed, I got love for both and cant wait to see Thomas get significant touches next year and I cant wait to see if Bush has improved.

are you out of your gord...bush should never be the starting rb. i think he has proven that this year. how much "time" does he need!!! Pierre played one reg season game and did a 1000 times better than him. Bush dont have the leg strength needed to be a good rb in this league. he has chicken legs. instead of doing his weird trainings in LA he should stay here and do squats all summer long then maybe he could run N and S. Until then, i want pierre. Put Bush at receiver or kick returner, because the only time he is good is when he is in space. That is ridiculous, he is the only person in the NFL that needs to be in "space". He is so high maintenance

from what i heard on wwl, Deuce is ready to start jogging but they are holding him back so it sounds like rehab is going well.

the same injury on different knees is not as bad as the same knee, last year he should no ill affects of the injury i expect the same this upcoming year.

Payton and Loomis both stated Deuce will be back next season and regain his role as the primary back.

his contract hit i think is only like 4-5 mill next season, im pretty sure its back loaded so he gets expensive in a couple of years when one would think he would be thinking of retiring or restructuring due to a limited role, IMO barring injury he will be around a couple of years more without worry.

as far as the other three - RB stated he will work out with Westbrook and another back, could be he has accepted the fact he has some learning to do as a RB, he has the talent, skills and the body to be a full timer, just not the true running instinct - wouldnt surprise me that the time on the sideline watching AS and PT succeed with the same OL he had less success under may have inspired him to polish up his run reads and his blocking. - having said that RB's value is as both a runner, receiver and should get more PR\KR - so being the primary back, even if he improves may not be the best for the team, moving him around along with improved running skills will make him ore dangerous than just being an improved runner, by improving his running\blocking skills make him more effective when he lines up as a back, but the shouldnt limit him to that if PT and DM can perform as well.

AS may get offers from other teams to be used as more of a full time back, we may loose him in his desire to be "the guy" in the later part of his career.

and if NFL history repeats the cap will go up in a year or so - im not worried about the RB position nor the cap - defense is our issue

Good Post

Let Steck walk... keep PT as the primary back behind Deuce... use Reggie as we did last season... give him 10-12 carries... 7-8 receptions... punt returns... and a few of those "Ghost motion" reverses.

have a competition in TC for the 4th RB spot... Barclay is actually a good abck, and could serve the role as ST/RB/KR if needed... but bring other guys in (UDFAs) to compete for the spot... you never know if we'd get another Pierre Thomas out of it.

As much as I respect Steck, this is what is most likely going to happen. The only way I see us keeping Steck is if he embraces the McAffe (sp?) role.

I think Stecker will draw some interest during the FA period. I say trade him if we get a good offer. I don't see any need for him, regardless of Deuce's condition. I think Thomas has proved he can carry a load. Bush, who I believe will only get better from year to year, is gonna be a threat. Deuce at 80% is better than Stecker at 120%. How can Deuce rebound form his injury? We'll just have to wait and see. I said myself that I did not believe he would come back 100% from his first knee injury. Well, I was WRONG! He looked great and hopefully he can come back just as strong from this one.

I say get rid of steck for some later round draft picks and use some of our draft spots (2nd rd or 3rd rd) to land a solid vet, either at receiver or DB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom