If early big lead Sunday.. (1 Viewer)

Being ahead that much going into the 4th quarter is rare in the NFL. But yes I can see the possibility of Winston getting a few series in the 4th quarter once there's little chance of losing the game. However, there seems to be little chance that Winston would get the entire second half unless there really is a health issue with Brees. But if there was a big lead after the first half it would seem like Drew would be feeling pretty good! :9:

The point obviously went right over your head. Yes, the team needs to keep the pedal to the metal, but let’s not expect to go and jump up 30 points on every team we play from here on out. Pump the breaks on expectations. Geez.

I believe the point of his comment went over your head.

If Drew goes down Winston takes the field and Taysom Hill will not start at quarterback in his absence unless Winston has a stroke. Taysom has a very important role on this team and he can continue to play it and make it easier for Winston to fill in were Drew to go down.

Take it to the bank.

We were both wrong

Guess you got your wish.

Not the way I wanted it :tears:

So many injuries today. Still finished with a solid win, but Winston needs more confidence in his throws. Looked to be 2nd guessing a lot.

Should Winston play the entire 2nd half if we are up 30+ points? I know Drew probably would like to be in the game, but I think we need to see how Winston does.

Also being a baseball fan thanks for JINX!!!

What, fumble? No ball security with that guy.

Well, evidently so. He'll run, pitch and toss the occasional pass. He'll be Taysom, but I don't see Payton going to a RPO offense and sitting Winston on the sideline.

" If Drew goes down Winston takes the field and Taysom Hill will not start at quarterback in his absence unless Winston has a stroke.
I wasn't. Next week if Brees can't go, Winston is the starter and Hill will continue to do what he does. He may do it more, but winston will be the QB just like he was today.

" If Drew goes down Winston takes the field and Taysom Hill will not start at quarterback in his absence unless Winston has a stroke. "

Hmmm

I guess the good side of this is seeing if Winston can lead the offense and sign for a long term deal, take a shot at a draft pick, or re-signing Drew for another deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom