If Ellerbe doesn't play this week I'm done with him! (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
When I first heard of the trade that sent Kenny Stills to Miami for Ellerbe I thought, "I get it, we need defense but this guy can't stay healthy." Every trade is somewhat of a gamble but I feel if he can't play against the Giants this weekend then the Saints crapped out on this one. At this point, since Ellerbe has joined the Black and Gold he's missed more games than he's played in. And you know what they say.........the best ability is availability...Meanwhile for the most part, Kenny Stills is a playmaker in Miami aside from that one big drop last week against Seattle. Hindsight is 20/20 and what's done is done but if Ellerbe is inactive this week that's what I am with him...DONE!!!!!!!!! Craig Robertson had a pretty good game last week anyway and it would've been great were it not for that BLEEPING bogus call on him!!!!

I am sure Ellerbe is done with you too! Seriously though he has been less than dependableand I agree if he can't stay healthy this year then he is done here I would think. Aquad injury is nothing to mess with either depending on how bad the injury is. Too bad he elevated our defense.dude is a great cover LB.

I almost kind of don't care...unless you think he could have shrugged off that block from Osemele to make the tackle on the 70 yard run. Robertson had 11 tckls a tipped pass and 2 TFL and missed a few others.

Not sure Ellerbe makes much of a difference and at this point only offers size over Robertson. I'll take availability over size you can't put to use on the field anyday.

Ellerbe at this point is dead weight. If you can't stay healthy, you're wasting a roster spot.

When I first heard of the trade that sent Kenny Stills to Miami for Ellerbe I thought, "I get it, we need defense but this guy can't stay healthy." Every trade is somewhat of a gamble but I feel if he can't play against the Giants this weekend then the Saints crapped out on this one. At this point, since Ellerbe has joined the Black and Gold he's missed more games than he's played in. And you know what they say.........the best ability is availability...Meanwhile for the most part, Kenny Stills is a playmaker in Miami aside from that one big drop last week against Seattle. Hindsight is 20/20 and what's done is done but if Ellerbe is inactive this week that's what I am with him...DONE!!!!!!!!! Craig Robertson had a pretty good game last week anyway and it would've been great were it not for that BLEEPING bogus call on him!!!!

PJ Williams is a starter at CB and was selected with the 3rd round pick we got for Stills. We swapped Stills for Williams and Ellerbe cleared out some cash for them and made us a bit more athletic at LB but he wasn't a major piece to the puzzle and we signed Robertson knowing well of Ellerbe's health struggles.

PJ Williams is a starter at CB and was selected with the 3rd round pick we got for Stills. We swapped Stills for Williams and Ellerbe cleared out some cash for them and made us a bit more athletic at LB but he wasn't a major piece to the puzzle and we signed Robertson knowing well of Ellerbe's health struggles.
I feel you and you're right about PJ Williams bro..but right now he's a year behind because of an injury last year and he's in a tight spot. I guess I'm just very frustrated because it seems this team is snakebitten with injuries on the defensive side of the ball.

giphy.gif

If Ellerbe doesn't play this week I'm done with him!

Make sure you get all your CDs back from him first.
And break up with him in person. A text is easy, sure, but it really shows a lack of respect.

Once Ellerbes body finds out its September, it goes into hibernation.

Glad we cleared that up. I think more members should start threads like this so we will be clear on who is and isn't done with him.

Looking at the trade in general, while Ellerbe hasnt been healthy, we havent lost much production at the WR position, and Stills hasnt exactly blown it up in Miami. If I'm not mistaken he had around 450 yards last season.

I feel you and you're right about PJ Williams bro..but right now he's a year behind because of an injury last year and he's in a tight spot. I guess I'm just very frustrated because it seems this team is snakebitten with injuries on the defensive side of the ball.

Snake bitten in the Secondary usually but thats because we are a passing team and thus our pass defense is tested more. The more running the more chances for injury. We should always have 10-12 DB's no less on our 53 every year because every year since SP has been here we've seen a significant injury at DB. We should also consistently spend quality picks on the DB's because like DE's the quality ones typically come in the 1st 3 rounds.

2006 - Roman Harper
2007- Fred Thomas
2008 - Mike McKenzie/Tracy Porter
2009 - Randall Gay
2010 - Darren Sharper/Pat Robinson
2011 - Stayed Healthy (Best Offense ever)
2012 - Greer/Jenkins missed games
2013 - Jabari Greer/Pat Robinson
2014 - Kenny Vaccaro
2015 - Keenan Lewis
2016 - Delvin Breaux

At this point, with his history, I look at him as a bonus if he plays. If he doesn't play, well its kind of expected. If he does play, great the defense is better for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom