If Ellis is gone do we reach for someone or trade? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The draft is looking thinner and thinner each time i look at it. At least as far as top quality players at the top. I think that there are a lot of good players to be had in rounds 2-5 but is there anyone at #10 that you just have to have?

Well besides ellis and kenny phillips i think someone like Golston from ohio state or maybe even an offensive standout like Desean Jackson might be drafted I would prefer to see us trade down and draft Dan conners though

Its scary to think we could and might actually draft a WR @ #10,.......

I know (geez, everyone knows!) that we need help all over the defense, but you have to go with BPA at the #10 spot or trade down. Trade down if someone is willing to give you a sweet deal, but if not, BPA all the way.

We could do alot worse than DeSean Jackson or Ryan Clady at 10.

We haven't had the combine yet, we haven't had the senior bowl, there are so many players that "we" don't even know about yet, as usual "we" are all focused on the big name players, we don't know who to target yet, players go up and down up until that card is passed up to the commish.

We haven't had the combine yet, we haven't had the senior bowl, there are so many players that "we" don't even know about yet, as usual "we" are all focused on the big name players, we don't know who to target yet, players go up and down up until that card is passed up to the commish.

Very true... A great 40 time, high vertical, and a bunch of reps on the bench press will get at least few guys drafted higher than their play has warranted (and vice-versa).

IMO, I think Quentin Groves (DE/OLB Auburn) will be a guy that will rise quickly on draft boards after he works out.

I think we will be fine at 10 and will get the kind of player we are looking for on D. There is no way we draft a wideout at 10 imo.

It seems as though the off season will be yet another event filled one. We need help all across the d-fense and I for one would love to see a major shake up. That could be by way of scheme change, coaching, trade and of course FA.

At this point I'd almost rather trade down. That feeling could change after the combine but I think a good balance of FA's and draft picks are essential to the future success of this coming season.

Personally I feel that there are still many questions to answer one way or another..... Can last years number one actually play in a game? Regardless, another receiver is needed.

Do you remember the horrible play of the O-Line? This may need to be addressed in FA but I remember when Drew had happy feet during the year. This can't happen again.

Do we work something out for Will Smith? I'm not sure on this one myself. I'd almost rather see what he can do during the year and see if this guy shines. I really didn't care for the play of Will or Charles this year.

What about the running back situation? Do you truly wait and see if #26 can make it back? We see that Reggie isn't the guy in this capacity but did we like PT enough to gamble with the up coming year?

OMG! Yet another year of needing a LB or two! What the hell.... can we just solve this issue already? At this point I can't see anyone at the 10 spot. I'm sorry.... we may need to spend SOME money here to get what we need. Maybe draft a youngster in the second or third as well.

What in the HELL do we do about Jason David. This has turned out to be a true mess. Do we change schemes? Do you cut our loses and trade him? Regardless he and others have been a big let down. Now with the Predator injured what do we do NOW? I'm sure we'll find something in the draft but again..... I don't see much at the 10 spot to warrant reaching for someone.

Did I miss the Safety position...........lol and what about a 3 technique?

WOW.... thats alot to get in one off season let alone one post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom