If Gregg Williams was Saints DC with the talent they have now... (2 Viewers)

Payton isn’t ALL about his system. I felt like WILLIAMS was all about his system. Players wouldn’t shine.
Also, we’d never have the talent we have now is WILLIAMS was coordinator.
The players we have now FIT GREGS SYSTEM TO THE teeth I think that’s the reason the Op made the thread at every position were better than we were on that 09 Defense EXCEPT MLB - in which I’d take Vilma over Analonze .

CBS-Better
Dline-Better
Safeties-Better
Linebackers - Push as Vilma played the Mike and Davis plays the WILL

On paper, the 2009 Saints don’t come close to the defensive talent on this team. Makes me wonder what Gregg Williams could have done with this type of talent and depth.
Where was that talent tonite? Gayle will bankrupt herself if she keeps overspending on players who fail to show for the game.

When Jimmy Graham has that long TD, after the two Niners collided when attempting to tackle him, I thought for sure we had that game. However, in typical Saints fashion, the game was far from over, and what could go wrong, went wrong. I think the play that bothered me the most, was the long TD run by Alex Smith.
For me it was the long pass to their TE in the closing minutes.

Where was that talent tonite? Gayle will bankrupt herself if she keeps overspending on players who fail to show for the game.

If you scheme right that doesn’t happen players are out of position .

Waller should’ve been bumped / jammed at the LOS on every play after the 5-6 catch Allen never adjusted

Malcom Jenkins was a 3x pro bowler at FS in Philly we have him at SS

CJ should be at SS we have him at Nickel

PRob is a All pro nickel CB he’s on the bench

Jenkins is one of the most aggressive and smartest CBs in the game yet you line him up 5-7 yards off the receiver 75% of snaps

When you continue to change personnel and get the same results when do you look at the coach . This defense should be haunting yet under Allen it will never be he’s simply all bark no bite.

Let's see, His jets just gave up a 3rd and 31.

I'm good.
I love Buddy Ryan as a coach and GW is the closest thing to him. Unfortunately with the way that he plays, the rules are against him. Nearly ALL of the rules favor the offense. So I can see why his defense hasn't been as successful in recent years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom