If Gregg Williams was Saints DC with the talent they have now... (1 Viewer)

On paper, the 2009 Saints don’t come close to the defensive talent on this team. Makes me wonder what Gregg Williams could have done with this type of talent and depth.

He would fail to cover a TE and lose a game that could have gotten us to a Super Bowl.

He probably would of spent less money on the bounty program, and had more for personal grooming.

Hey Gregg!

The creepy van with no windows called. It wants it's driver back.

image.jpg

If he was the Saints coordinator today they would get caught out of position on an ill timed blitz and give up a TD as a result of it!!

Greg Williams can suck eggs!!

The former Saints coach that I'd like to see coaching this talent is Wade Phillips!

Isn’t he the current defensive coach of the Jets? Don’t they suck? Is there something I’m missing?

The guy is largely a one trick pony. He blitzes heavily and hopes he has an elite free safety to make up for it. Worked out in 2009, hasn’t worked out the other myriad of years he’s been a coach.

The league has also largely adapted to his style. He kind of reminds me of Mike Martz but for defense.

Dennis Allen runs Gregg Williams' scheme. Malcolm jenkins made a comment that he's comfortable in the scheme because its the same as it was when he was here... during Williams' tenure as DC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom