If Gruden gets fired (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Earlier in the year he made a remark that it would be alot of fun being the RB's coach with the Saints. If he gets fired I'd take him as an OC in a second.

Earlier in the year he made a remark that it would be alot of fun being the RB's coach with the Saints. If he gets fired I'd take him as an OC in a second.

I wouldn't. I think Payton and company are doing a great job. Tampa's offense never really impressed me that much. He did well with the Raiders, but the Raiders team had different personnel than we do. I'd let him go somewhere else.

No thanks! I like being one of the top offenses in the league.

I wouldn't. I think Payton and company are doing a great job. Tampa's offense never really impressed me that much. He did well with the Raiders, but the Raiders team had different personnel than we do. I'd let him go somewhere else.

I agree, Payton is doing great.

I really don't expect to see any big name OC's coming to NOLA while we have a former top OC, Payton, as our head coach. He's proven to be more than capable of handling most of the offensive coordinating, he does call the plays and I would guess takes more of role with offense in practice than the defense.

I wouldn't want to change any of our coaches from what I've seen so far, they all get high praise for turning this team around. But we know what can happen after a very successful season when the coordinators start getting offers, and there's going to be some head coach spots open next season.

i wouldn't, either...tampa's offense has been near the bottom of the barrell the last few years...Gruden can go somewhere else...

unless he'd really want to take the job as our RB's coach...:lol:

While we have an OC, at least in name, Payton really serves that role himself. I can't see him wanting to bring in someone who would only accept that role if he had some authority. Payton won't give that authority up any time soon, IMO.

Besides, I expect Gruden was kidding when he made that reamrk...

Gruden would be snapped up in a second if Tampa was to part ways with him. He and Jeff Fisher would have their choice of jobs, I would think.

Gruden will NOT get fired... they have been hit by the injury bug, and father time has come calling for their defense...

I think Gruden is a pretty good OC, but I wouldn't want him. Payton and krewe have done a really good job. Besides that, Gruden's attitude doesn't seem like it would fit with this staff. But then again, if he's not the main man, he may be a bit more reserved (if that possible).

I don't think Gruden will get fired. He is definately a good coach. He's going through some tough times having to reload his roster and has a lot of young players and a lot of injuries to overcome. Let's not forget that he came in and promptly won a Super Bowl and even last year won our division. Gruden is definately not done yet. I think we'll start seeing some improvement next year after sll those rookies get a little experience. One area that Gruden needs to upgrade is his O-Line.

You're nuts. If gruden and Payton were both available who would you pick up first? End of Discussion.

The Saints might have to start looking for a new RBs coach though. George Henshaw is apparently under consideration to return to Florida State as OC, replacing Jeff Bowden.

I know there have been plenty of unsubstantiated "get Marshall Faulk to tutor Reggie" mentions, but I wonder if he really has any interest whatsoever in trying to make a career in coaching?

I have heard him, with my own ears, say that he might want to play again next year, and surely several teams would want to take him up on it. So even if he were interested in coaching, the timing might not be right.

But there seems to be a good chance that Henshaw might not be here for long.

NO THANK YOU.

Gruden stinks. Prove to me that he can go in to an organization and win by picking his players. He is worse than Haslett is at evaluating talent on "his side of the ball".

Payton isn't going to relinquish play calling responsibilities, he and Gruden couldn't co-exist (not for any length of time at least).

It would, at most, be a 1 year affair if Gruden joined the staff, and only if Gruden didn't like any offers and wanted to keep his options open for another HC job the next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom