If Hillary gets the nod could Bill be her VP candidate? (1 Viewer)

Like so many of you, I cannot see myself voting for Hillary. However, most of the people posting on this thread are male. If she is going to carry female voters by a double digit margin, she can win.

Especially since Bill just lost her the black vote by passing out at that MLK ceremony.

Oh dear God, no!!...:covri:

But If that were to happen, what the heck would we call him? Mr. President/Vice President/First Gentleman? Too weird for me, man.

If it were a (regular) guy who had not been President, etc, I would guess you could address them First Gentleman.:dunno:

Why should the Constitution matter in elections?
Didn't Texas pledge all of its electoral votes for Bush as President and Cheney as V-P?
Twice?

didnt' cheney go in as resident of washington?

Because it's still proper protocol to call an ex-president Mr. President out of respect for his service and for the office.

That's normally the protocol. However, in this hypothetical scenario (former President serving as Vice President for current President), I would think he would be addressed as Mr. Vice President for the length of his service.

It just seems like that would be the proper procedure for that specific event.

They'd never try it, as at the very least it would be a big distracting battle to even get to the point where you could say it was legal or not.

Its pointless anyway. The "everyone loves bill" thing is a myth. He never even won 50% of the vote, even the second time running against dead man walking Bob Dole. All it would do is gurantee she got the staunch democratic voters, which she would get anyway. To win, she'll need to bring on someone who can draw in voters she wouldn't normally have. Her and Obama would of been an unbeatable ticket, but that bridge is long burned. Her negatives are still way to high so her VP choice will be huge. Bill isn't the one to help her in that area.

with all her and bills scandals i cannot handle another clinton white house. bush is bad enough. we need a uniter. hillary comes across as power hungry and a divider. why when we are so close. a mcain a moderate or obama a man who emphasizes bi-partisan politics. if anyone votes for her you get what you pay for.

didnt' cheney go in as resident of washington?

I think he claimed Wyoming despite all evidence to the contrary that he inhabited Texas.

Regardless, in Cheney's case as well as in a possible (but about as likely as Nader winning the election) Clinton V-P nomination, no court will touch issues like this.

think you're right there..
think the tx delegates was done, the same way as it ever was. just happened both actually lived there.

kind of like Hillary in congress for NY, why not arkansas.

They'd never try it, as at the very least it would be a big distracting battle to even get to the point where you could say it was legal or not.

Its pointless anyway. The "everyone loves bill" thing is a myth. He never even won 50% of the vote, even the second time running against dead man walking Bob Dole. All it would do is gurantee she got the staunch democratic voters, which she would get anyway. To win, she'll need to bring on someone who can draw in voters she wouldn't normally have. Her and Obama would of been an unbeatable ticket, but that bridge is long burned. Her negatives are still way to high so her VP choice will be huge. Bill isn't the one to help her in that area.

You may be right and Bill may not be the right candidate...but I wanted to shed some light on the elections and people's attitude toward Bill. Billy's end of Presidency approval rating (after the Monica scandal) was 65% or one point higher than Ronny's. Although he didn't win the majority of the vote he demolished Dole in the actual Electoral College vote by a margin of 379 to 159 in 1996 and in 1992 crushed incumbent Bush 370 to 168.

imagine china japan korea the middle east never listening to hillary just because she is a woman. asians loved bill because he cheated on his wife. they dont respect women. buisness meeting women arent allowed. the world is not like the USA. they still dont respect people other places. in the middle east conflict and asian economy. i think hillary will talk to a lot of deaf ears.

Didn't seem to matter much to Margaret Thatcher.

margaret thatcher angle i have dealt with this one before. does anyone care about england anymore? this is the USA not its cousin. this is the free world. if we said jump thatcher said how high. england knows just like canada that if a military strike is needed we are there. if it is an economic issue we help them. they depend on us so thatcher is a non-issue.

USa is #1 no one is close.

hey man i state the facts. be honest our hand me down war planes they buy. our cryptography and computer superiority is why we are #1. england is a friend of ours and i respect that. to say thatcher as prime minister is comparable to the president of the USA is insane. for god sakes they still have a monarchy figure. the USA is a superpower. England hasn't been that since 1776.

hey man i state the facts. be honest our hand me down war planes they buy. our cryptography and computer superiority is why we are #1. england is a friend of ours and i respect that. to say thatcher as prime minister is comparable to the president of the USA is insane. for god sakes they still have a monarchy figure. the USA is a superpower. England hasn't been that since 1776.

posters like you make me not want to come on here anymore.

please tell me its all a schtick. its all shenanigans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom