If Hillary gets the nod could Bill be her VP candidate? (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
Couple of issues:
  1. Constitutionality - It's debatable whether or not he's eligible to be on the ticket with Hillary as VP---NY Times says yes, Huffington Post says no.
  2. Politically - Does Bill's mass appeal to the Dems (and some moderate Reps) make him worth running vis-a-vis the press from the tabloids reminiscing about the good ol' days with Monica and the blue dress.
From Wiki:

The relationship between the 22nd and 12th amendments

Some have questioned the interpretation of the Twenty-second Amendment as it relates to the Twelfth Amendment, ratified in 1804, which provides that "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."<sup id="_ref-7" class="reference">[8]</sup>
While it is clear that under the Twelfth Amendment the original constitutional qualifications of age, citizenship, and residency apply to both the president and vice president, it is unclear if a two-term president could later be elected—or appointed—vice president. Some argue that the Twenty-second Amendment and Twelfth Amendment bar any two-term president from later serving as vice president as well as from succeeding to the presidency from any point in the United States Presidential line of succession. Others contend that while a two-term president is ineligible to be elected or appointed to the office of Vice President, he or she could succeed from a lower position in the line of succession which he or she is not excluded from holding. Others contend that the Twelfth Amendment concerns qualification for service, while the Twenty-second Amendment concerns qualifications for election. Neither theory has ever been tested, as no former president has ever sought the vice presidency, and thus, the courts have never had an opportunity to decide the question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

No. She needs to separate herself from him (qualifications wise) not come closer together and expand the attitude that she is only where she is because of him. She gets all the benefits of Bill without Bill being on the ticket. Having him on can only help.

I doubt it would make it pass the courts anyway since he's technically not able to be President anymore.

No, but he could go on the USSC, the biggest bizarro successful nomination since William Douglas used the bench to seduce clerks and staffers. Should be FUN.:ezbill: :9: :plus-un2:

I don't see why he couldn't be.

It would be a disastrous move, though.

Or I think so.

I'm in the anybody but Clinton camp as far as the presidency goes.

>>I'm in the anybody but Clinton camp as far as the presidency goes.

Are you a registered voter or are you just giving your preferences here?

TPS

It seems the answer is no based on the "ineligible to office" text.

i would rather a dead dog found on the interstate then hillary. i vote and will vote anyone but hillary. i would vote for kucinch than her. did you see the debate last night. she always tries to get the last word and will do anything to get elected. obama on many occasions says reagan brought people together which was a good thing. why doesnt someone bring up hllary's scandals whitewater vince foster travel gate filegate. release the files from the presidential library? she is the worst canidate ever. she will destroy anyone in her/bill's wake. bill just keeps lying about obama and people believe that clowns bologna.

clinton era = did not get bin ladin, spy plane down in china, filegate, lewinski, travelgate, whitewater, vince foster, gov't shut down, republicans forced him to do welfare reform which he acts like he created that bill, los alomos nuculear weapon secrets lost b/c clinton reduced security, al gore getting campaign money from the Chinese.

i am a moderate and obama over and over says lets unite lets not divide. hillary always says I this and i am ready to lead i know this and that. obama talks about reaching across the aisle. does hillary not know that she isnt the only person in washington. there is others independents and republicans she will have to work with? she assumes that she
knows what is best and we need to be quiet.

it is so funny if she gets elected when the camera phones and power struggle and quest for respect melt down we will have the videos on youtube and such in less than 4 minutes. i like how no one ever asks her the question about, how in the arab world and asian community who do not respect women are going to respect you?

Why should the Constitution matter in elections?
Didn't Texas pledge all of its electoral votes for Bush as President and Cheney as V-P?
Twice?

i would rather a dead dog found on the interstate then hillary. i vote and will vote anyone but hillary. i would vote for kucinch than her. did you see the debate last night. she always tries to get the last word and will do anything to get elected. obama on many occasions says reagan brought people together which was a good thing. why doesnt someone bring up hllary's scandals whitewater vince foster travel gate filegate. release the files from the presidential library? she is the worst canidate ever. she will destroy anyone in her/bill's wake. bill just keeps lying about obama and people believe that clowns bologna.

clinton era = did not get bin ladin, spy plane down in china, filegate, lewinski, travelgate, whitewater, vince foster, gov't shut down, republicans forced him to do welfare reform which he acts like he created that bill, los alomos nuculear weapon secrets lost b/c clinton reduced security, al gore getting campaign money from the Chinese.

i am a moderate and obama over and over says lets unite lets not divide. hillary always says I this and i am ready to lead i know this and that. obama talks about reaching across the aisle. does hillary not know that she isnt the only person in washington. there is others independents and republicans she will have to work with? she assumes that she
knows what is best and we need to be quiet.

it is so funny if she gets elected when the camera phones and power struggle and quest for respect melt down we will have the videos on youtube and such in less than 4 minutes. i like how no one ever asks her the question about, how in the arab world and asian community who do not respect women are going to respect you?

I"ve never been a Hillary supporter, but I thought she did well last night. :dunno:

Here's a youtube video of Chelsea for you:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUyZcMLK6o4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUyZcMLK6o4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

i like how no one ever asks her the question about, how in the arab world and asian community who do not respect women are going to respect you?

Oh no! We might hurt the poor wittle oppwessors' feewings because they have to treat a woman as an equal :cry:

I"ve never been a Hillary supporter, but I thought she did well last night. :dunno:

Here's a youtube video of Chelsea for you:

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUyZcMLK6o4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

She has her Mom's mannerisms but some of the things she says sound very hollow like talking about being proud of her and stuff. That being said I'm surprised they aren't putting Chelsea more in the forefront. She's a benefit to Hillary. She carries herself very well and connects well to young people who are one of the cores of Obama's support.

heil heil heil

that video is worse than i could ever imagine. guys i am gonna give ever saintsreport.com member a 500 dollars and then a vacation for one year in italy. you will spend the whole time with that mexican tv reporter.

guys i can promise anything too. i enjoy the mexican girl from ugly betty. she has to be the pulse of the immigrant community.

nepotism must end. Obama needs to just flat out destroy hillary on that. hillary will be partisan and at least obama will try to reach across the aisle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom